News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

How much can you do to a car and it still be origional

Started by robailey, February 01, 2009, 01:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Youshock

AIN'T IT THE TRUTH!!!

And young people would buy them.  So would older people.  Instead, they build trucks, vans and showed a new station wagon.

Too bad Dinah Shore is gone.  She sold a LOT of Chevies.

BTW--Does Chevy even have a Station Wagon anymore?
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Brian McKee

While I was inside the dealership visiting with the staff, looking out the windows I could see a group of people who quit looking at the new Cadillacs and were gathered around looking at the Fleetwood.

Thats when the salesman told me that he could sell them everyday if they would make them again.

And I agree that young people will buy them.

In our community, teenage boys are buying up every Cadillac they can get from the 1990s - mostly DeVilles and DeVille Councours.  They seem to love those cars.  One young guy put some fancier, shinier rims on a DeVille Concours and it really looks sharp!

When I was a teen, I prefered Cadillacs to Camaros myself, so I understand how much these young guys are enjoying those cars.
Brian McKee, CLC #24993
1989 Eldorado Biarritz Coupe
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1995 Sedan DeVille

Otto Skorzeny

That's because they're the only cars big enough to haul all there friends in as well as large enough for dates with a happy ending!  They don't care a fig about the styling.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Brian McKee

Quote from: ottoskorzeny on February 04, 2009, 06:37:10 AM
That's because they're the only cars big enough to haul all there friends in as well as large enough for dates with a happy ending!  They don't care a fig about the styling.

I actually know the kids I mentioned. They love their Cadillacs for their style.  They also like the prestige of having a Cadillac.  Some teens today are interested in prestige and elegance.  Not all ofcourse, but some are.  Teenagers are all individuals and have different tastes; and some do like the styling and elegance of a Cadillac. You don't have to be middle-aged like myself to appreciate those qualities.  As a teenager, I, too, was wild about Cadillacs.

There is nothing in the world so unfair and inaccurate as stereotyping  any group, based on age, ethnicity, etc.

If all the teens wanted was a large car, with a large back seat, there are bigger and less expensive cars (with lower resale values) that they could buy.  Our area car lots are currently full of vans and SUVs that no one wants because of high gas prices a few months ago; and the knowledge that the gas prices will go up again.

Not all teenagers are interested in drunk driving, partying, etc.
Brian McKee, CLC #24993
1989 Eldorado Biarritz Coupe
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1995 Sedan DeVille

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Chris Conklin

Quote from: ottoskorzeny on February 04, 2009, 10:32:42 AM
It was a joke. Jiminy Christmas!

And a funny one too! I enjoyed it. Hey... now I know why my parents took back the Plymouth Fury sedan and made me buy that Opel!!
Chris Conklin

Otto Skorzeny

You know, now that you mention it, that's probably the real reason my dad told me not to buy the '42 Packard and "get something newer like a '65 Mustang."

He said it would be easier to find parts, but I bet he figured with bucket seats and a console in that cramped cockpit I was less likely to end up at at shotgun wedding!
fward

Bill Podany #19567

Robailey,

I have enjoyed our messages off line; you should cherish that 1975 Coupe Deville boought new by your family and maintain it to be dependable and run with dignity.  Do with it what makes you and your family happy, but please make an attempt to preserve it or restore it depending on your choice.  Single family ownership of vintage Cadillac's is rare, so I encourage you to appreciate what you own.  And you have a nice collection of Cadillac's there in Seymour.  Join the ETRAACA and get more enjoyment from a group of great people, and many Cadillac's within your chosen vintage.  Enjoy that Deville.

Bill Podany
Knoxville, TN
1941 60 Special Fleetwood
1955 Eldorado