News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 Rear Bumper Reassembly

Started by Dan Eckstein, February 08, 2009, 09:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Eckstein

The 59 cadillac I am restoring was unassembled when I bought, and now I am at the point of trying to reassemble the back end.  But I am not sure how it goes together and what parts I need.  I have the chrome rear bumper and tail lights.  So if anyone can send me information on how it goes together, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time,
Dan Eckstein
deecksteemail addresses not permitted

CLC #24850
Thank you for your time,
Dan Eckstein
CLC #24850

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

Dan:

I am surprised that you have not yet had a response to your post.   Therefore, I will give it a shot.  If nothing else, this post should move your post back to top of this forum and hopefully attract more attention.

When you say that you need assistance with the back end, are you referring to the bumper, rear grille and the taillights?  If so, I would suggest that you refer to pages 13-6 and 13-7 of the shop manual.  If you do not have a shop manual, I would suggest you purchase one.  If need be, I could scan and email these pages to you. 

It has been almost ten years ago, but I still have a fairly decent recall of this procedure.  As the shop manual warns, installing the rear bumper is at least a two man job.

Glen

Does this help?

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Dan Eckstein

Glen,

Yes it does help!  Thank you.  Also where did you find the diagram?

Thanks,
Dan
Thank you for your time,
Dan Eckstein
CLC #24850

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

I have  to agree that Glen's attachment would be very helpful.  Attached are the applicable pages from the 59 shop manual.  I hope that this information is helpful.  This job is not particularly difficult, but it is time and labor intensive.  Good luck.  It would be nice to see pirctures of the car when completed.

Glen

That diagram came from the 1965 Master Parts Book.  The numbers in the diagram are the group numbers. 

I happen to have the book on CD. 

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104