News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

buicks and other cars in Photo Gallery

Started by TommyO, February 14, 2009, 03:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyO

Just curious as to why so many photos of non caddy/lasalles in photo gallery.  I have a decent collection of different cars, but wouldnt post them here.  In fact on the photo gallery guidelines I thought it stated only owners cars!, and only cadillacs or lasalle related?  Am I missing something?
Tomeo

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Doug Houston

I too, have other cars beside Cadillacs, though the majority of mine happen nto be Cadillacs. I have never thought that members of the Cadillac-LaSalle Club would be impressed if I displayed all of the stuff I have. I also have a big collection of radios, a lot of phonographs, and several other accumulations, but I'd surely bring down a storm of protest if I were to attempt posting them here.

B y virtue of thre name of this organization, when I open up the picture archive section, I want to/expect to see pictures of Cadillacs and LaSalles. I would regard it clutter if I needed to wade through pictures of Willys Americars, 1912 Maxwells, Packards, Duesenbergs,  and so on, before I came to another picture of a Cadillac.

Likewise, if the Herbert H. Franklin Club has an owner's gallery, its members would like to/expect to see pictures of Franklins, and not an assortment of other cars, owned by their fellow members.

So, if you have some other nice cars that you'd like to display to the world, best to show them in the places where people go to see them. The VMCCA's web site would be a good place to start, I would imagine. I'd also recommend the Classic Car Club of America's site if your other car is a classic, but they would probably restrict pictures to those of multi-millionaires, or at least, 100 point Duesenbergs.

If you have Cadillacs, show them to us, and find the best spots for your other cars.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929