News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Production-version 2010 CTS Coupe revealed.

Started by Rich S, February 18, 2009, 05:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich S

As part of its viability plan submitted to Congress, GM included the first photo of the production-version 2010 CTS Coupe (to date, there have only been concept photos):

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/18/gm-reveals-production-cadillac-cts-coupe-in-viability-plan/

This should help the General! It has been reported that this Coupe, along with the CTS Wagon and second-generation SRX, will have back-up cameras as standard equipment (many Acura, Lexus and Mercedes already have this feature). It's great to have a Cadillac Coupe back in the product portfolio.  8)
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Brian McKee

Absolutely gorgeous car.   If I added a Cadillac hood ornament as a custom order, I'd like that car for myself!  It's about time that there were a Cadillac Coupe again!
Brian McKee, CLC #24993
1989 Eldorado Biarritz Coupe
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1995 Sedan DeVille

Chris Conklin

For $22B of our money we should all get the model of our choice for free (XLR-V for me please)... that's a viability plan I can live with!  ;D
Chris Conklin

Cadillac Jack

It is my understanding that the reason Cadillac discontinued producing coupes, is because their market had older demographics, and older people, wanted the ease of getting in and out of 4 door cars.  Did the demographics change?  Was Cadillac right before and wrong now?  Right before and right now?

Brian McKee

I think, especiallly with the CTS, that Cadillac is attempting to sell to a younger demographic. The CTS is very successful and it does seem to be attracting younger Cadillac buyers. I see lots of 20 somethings driving the CTS.

My concern is that with their plans to discontinue the DTS or STS (if those plans are still accurate) that they will no longer be making a car to sell to older, traditional Cadillac drivers.

My parents (74 & 72 years) recently bought a new DTS. They looked at the CTS, thought it was cute, but rejected the idea of buying one because it was hard for them to get in and out of it.  The doors were smaller and it was not as roomy.

But what do I know?  I still love my 1993 Fleetwood, and am hoping to buy an Allante' soon.  I guess I am not the sort of person whose opinion matters to GM.

I was on the Cadillac lot 2 weeks ago for service, and my car drew a lot bigger crowd of lookers than the new Cadillacs.  A couple commented they wished they could buy one like my Fleetwood.....
Brian McKee, CLC #24993
1989 Eldorado Biarritz Coupe
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1995 Sedan DeVille