News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Hubcaps (wire wheeled) for Cadillac 1976

Started by mauser, February 25, 2009, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauser

Dear friends
I was ordering a hubcaps for my Cadillac Fleetwood 1976  for 15" but it seems to be that I have do a wrong  caps 
they are for 15 " but the springs have less radius than the wheel can you answear my can I solve this problem
can i change the springs ore can I not use them?
I think this hub caps is from 80'
Thanks Johann

Johann Vilhjalmsson
CLC # 24743
Cadillac Fleetwood Brogham D' Elegance 1976
Cadillac Eldorado 1983

Ted in Olympia WA

I think that these used an adaptor on the wheel studs and were bolted on through the center.

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

TJ Hopland

I think that center bolt thing was a later locking option.   My 78 locking covers had 2 bolt like things between the spokes that were attached to hooks that went through the slots in the wheels.  My guess is his issue is the inner gripping caps that were more common and the outer lip gripping like the eldos had.  I wonder if he does not have the correct vintage wheels?  Or repro caps made to fit later wheels?  Was there even a locking option in 76?
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

RobW

There are different wire hub caps. Deville/Fleetwood are relatively flat. Early ones just have the crest no wreath. Some others have the wreath but I think they were from the 76 sevilles. The eldo are more of a cone shape. The locking bracket shouldn't make a difference. From what I remember, the only difference on the locking caps is the bracket mounted to the wheel studs and the center cap has a removable crest with a lock under it. These also had the wreath. Later ones, after I think 86 had red center caps.
Can you post a pic of what you have?
Rob Wirsing

76eldo

Some of those caps absolutely will not stay on the rim without the locking hardware. Especially the ones that have the center bolt/lock that requires a tool.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)