News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1956 365 freeze plugs

Started by Eric August, March 02, 2009, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric August

I am rebuilding a 365 for my sedan. I ordered a complete rebuild kit and found that they shorted me a freeze plug. I cant find one at my local auto parts store, infact they dont even show that my engine takes this size. They only show 1 47/64, 1 31/64 and 9/16. The freeze plug I need is located on the rear of the block, left of the cam shaft plug. I measured the diameter of the hole at 1 1/8. I had gotten one of this size from Napa but it was the style plug that has to be hammered in, and I need the style that the center is must be tapped in.  My question is has anyone came across this, and where can i find the right one?  :-\

homeonprunehill

03-02-09
CADY HACK, Don't you just hate it wwhen you are "short"  Uselly kit are not short.  Do you still have the waper it came-in?look it over good. I am very surprised that NAPA told you a difference size.
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES