News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

can anyone identify this external vacuum pump application?

Started by tonyp, March 07, 2009, 07:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyp

this pump came in the pile of parts with my dissassembled 32 town sedan.i have just purchased a complete 1932 353 engine and will be selling all but the  crankcase/cylinders/heads and manifolds from the original engine.any serious help appreciated.the bolt holes are in line with the shaft where they are offset on the motor i just bought so it must be a different application.
tony patterson

Peter Nieuwlandt

It could be a vacuum pump to help the fuel flow from the fuel tank to the vacuum fuel tank wich sits on the firewall.
Sorry I'm not familiar enough with 32 to be sure.

peter
Peter Nieuwlandt
CLC 17863

Don Rundgren

32 was the first year for a mechanical fuel pump, they eliminated the vacuum tanks on the firewall. They did still use a vacuum pump mounted at the back of the motor for the windshield wipers and the vacuum brake assist on the V-12s. You need to ID that part number for application.
Don
McKinney, Texas