News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1970 Vin Number Location?

Started by Ted in Olympia WA, March 08, 2009, 02:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted in Olympia WA

Note:  This turned out to be a 1970 Car, see posts below.  Vin number on 1968 Coupe DeVille?

I'm buying a 1968 Coupe DeVille today and I would like to verify the vin number; where is it located?

My 67 is on the door jam but on a plastic tag that can break off.  Do they put it in other locations?

Later cars I have is by the windsheild but the owner says there is not one there?  He also says that there is no registrations in the car so I can't look there.

Thanks

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

69eldo

Pretty sure GM put VIN's on the left corner of dash starting in '68. 

Ted in Olympia WA

Turned out to be a very beat 1970 DeVille and the vin number it under the left corner of the dash.  The problem is that they put in a new windshield and when they put the black primer around the edge they made it too wide and you cannot see the number.

I still ended up buying it but now I really wonder why, there is really nothing there except for the interior is in good shape (brown).

This was a very loaded car and I think it had every option available included the sunroof and 8 track.  Last time it had tabs was 1987.

TED

Ted in Olympia WA

I found where there is a cubby in the glove box door and in it is the owner's manual.  And in the owner's manual is a plastic plate with the vin number and original owner's name. 

I purchased it from an estate of the owner's name on the plate so this is a one owner car; too bad they did not take better care of her.

TED

Ted in Olympia WA

A couple more of the interior.  The engine is a rusty pile but at least it will have 1970 heads and non-smop pump pullies.

TED

69eldo

Ah, it was hidden.

WOW, thats one loaded car! All those options ought to be worth the investment I would think.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Ted, looks like a Firemist paint also. Look underneath for a little SS posi tag near the front of the diff.  Is the car worth saving rather than parting? Especially with the sunroof. Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Ted in Olympia WA

It's not worth saving, it's has lots of rust and tons of dents.  Also has one rear wheel that is locked up and I can't even get it off the trailer until I fix this.

The engine is trashed but I will check the diff.  Sure is a weird looking diff.

Most of the chrome is gone and the bumpers are way less than perfect.  It has a Passenger's side mirror but it's in terrible shape.

The interior is nice and I should get my money back but I'm not going to get rich on this one.  My wife looks at me like I'm nuts; I'm starting to believe her.

TED

Hollywood

Ted, good luck with your "'70"....For whatever it's worth, the '70 Coupe is one of my most favorite Caddies.....One day, (with all things considered) I'll be looking for a '70 Coupe/Convertible to accompany my '65.....Again, Good luck with the remnants......H'wood
Eric D. Cook
1965 Coupe deVille