News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Triple Heather '62 Eldorado

Started by Chris Conklin, March 10, 2009, 06:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Conklin

Just wondering about this car and seller, any east coast folks familiar with it / him? Ignore the sales pitch about the car being in a B-movie twenty plus years ago and matching numbers (he's apparently a muscle car guy), the car may have possibilities and is advertised at a somewhat low starting bid dollar level. Any experience you can relate about the car or seller is appreciated, e-mail me direct if you don't want to post negatives. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1962-Cadillac-Eldorado-Biarritz-convertible-Magnificent_W0QQitemZ230330323453QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item230330323453&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ht_9339wt_1269
Chris Conklin

veesixteen

Has anyone seen the body tag or know the paint code?  The car looks way too "pink" for either of the two supposed 1962 "pink" colors [code #48 - laurel metallic or code #99 - heather metallic].  In addition, the 1962 cars usually were delivered with matching, color-coded wheel covers; this one appears to have non-matching covers; of course this COULD have been a buyer's special request. The interior finish appears to be authentic and color-coded, including the dash pad.

Quote from: Chris Conklin #25055 on March 10, 2009, 06:17:12 PM
Just wondering about this car and seller, any east coast folks familiar with it / him? Ignore the sales pitch about the car being in a B-movie twenty plus years ago and matching numbers (he's apparently a muscle car guy), the car may have possibilities and is advertised at a somewhat low starting bid dollar level. Any experience you can relate about the car or seller is appreciated, e-mail me direct if you don't want to post negatives. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1962-Cadillac-Eldorado-Biarritz-convertible-Magnificent_W0QQitemZ230330323453QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item230330323453&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318#ht_9339wt_1269
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

BJM

Tough call. Yes originally it was Heather it appears, obviously not evenclose now, so with a professional strip, that's a lot of money. He wants $25,000 for it period. So he can start the bidding at $1 but reserve auctions are nothing more then advertising on evilbay. He got the message out well enough.

While pedigree is nice, I wonder if it is worth searching and searching for a triple heather 61-62. These series 62 convertibles are still fairly available for reasonable prices and I would start with a non running project car for $2500 to $4000 before I would spend $25,000 on a car like this.  JMO

Chris Conklin

Thanks to all for the replies. I was surprised, this has been out there and dormant for a little while.

I corresponded with this seller by e-mail and asked for the cowl tag data and some recent pictures of the car. The listing dropped off of e-Bay and reappeared again with a photo of the tag and a few more photos of the car. I was curious about the original trim of the car because of the wrong color on the wheel covers and the body trim, as y'all mentioned. His first listing also mentioned it was originally a "Persian Sand" Eldorado. The subsequent ad changed to "Heather", I had sent the seller the interpretation of the cowl tag data. It's just me, but I want to have the car match it's original build and this original build interested me... all "Heather", including the top, made it somewhat attractive. I've come across a few in "Fontana Rose" or "Laurel", but not in "Heather". And usually not with a matching top.

I had thoughts of keeping an eye on this car and waiting until he adjusts his meds and realizes what it is worth. For an Eldorado, which the tag denotes this is (it's not a Series 62), he's really not too far off on the price for a decent driver.  I am not looking to buy or create a trailer queen. It is God-awful-ugly in PeptoPink, but it could become a decent driver in the correct colors without an extreme outlay of cash. That's the theory, anyway.  ::)
Chris Conklin