News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need help with TAG decoding from a 1957 Coupe Deville

Started by Caddy Daniel, March 26, 2009, 04:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Daniel

Hello, had de chance to get near my baby yesterday and this is what the cowl tag reads:
STYLE No.57-6237DX
BODY No. FW  9216
TRIM No. 42  NX
PAINT No. 12
TOP     ACC.     EH
BODY BY FISHER

Could anyone help me with this ? Is the VIN Number just stamped on the frame or is there a tag displaying VIN anywhere ?
Thanks a lot for your help  :)
Greetings
Daniel Koppes

jagbuxx #12944

Quote from: Caddy Daniel on March 26, 2009, 04:27:10 AM
Hello, had de chance to get near my baby yesterday and this is what the cowl tag reads:
STYLE No.57-6237DX
BODY No. FW  9216
TRIM No. 42  NX
PAINT No. 12
TOP     ACC.     EH
BODY BY FISHER

Could anyone help me with this ? Is the VIN Number just stamped on the frame or is there a tag displaying VIN anywhere ?
Thanks a lot for your help  :)
Greetings
Daniel Koppes

Hello-
Your Coupe shows to be Alpine White with blue sahara pattern metallic nylon with blue leather bolsters and trim. Not sure what the NX denotes. Also EH are EZ eye glass and heater. Car is #9216 of 23813 Deville Coupes. The vin will be on the frame, engine and a tag on the left frt door pillar.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Walter Youshock

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Caddy Daniel

Quote from: jagbuxx #12944 on March 26, 2009, 09:14:08 AM
Hello-
Your Coupe shows to be Alpine White with blue sahara pattern metallic nylon with blue leather bolsters and trim. Not sure what the NX denotes. Also EH are EZ eye glass and heater. Car is #9216 of 23813 Deville Coupes. The vin will be on the frame, engine and a tag on the left frt door pillar.
Hi and thanks a lot ! So far all is correct and matching with the car. I also found the frame number under the grease and the lubrification tag on driver's door and all matching.
Just one of the options is missing : unfortunately no heater core, should be on driver side near wheel right ? But obviously there was one, radiator lines go that way but not heater core  :(
Does any of you know where to get a replacement ?
Big thanks to all so far for your help

Daniel Koppes

Caddy Daniel

Quote from: Walter Youshock on March 26, 2009, 09:21:18 AM
Can you shoot a photo of that tag and post it? 
Sure, next time I get to the CDV, I'll shoot one and post here
Regards and thanks

Daniel

Walter Youshock

The reason I'd like to see the tag is this:  "X" is the code for Power Windows.  Although standard on the DeVilles, the tag still had the code.  According to the Production Options list, there is nothing that matches up with a code "N".

There should also be two other codes--A,B, or C and 2,3,4, or 5 for Basic and Equipment Groups.  These include: whitewall tires, (W) heater (H), radio (R), E-Z Eye glass (E) and air conditioning (K). The Equipment Groups featured fog lamps (F), dor-gards (D), Autronic Eye (U) and License Frames (L for 1; M for 2).

Power trunk is code "S".

Does your car have a 2-way or 6-way power seat?  A 6-way seat was code "Y", but the standard seat was a 2-way power.  That might be where the "N" comes in, although it doesn't show on the Options List.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham