News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Blackhawk Museum - help needed

Started by veesixteen, March 27, 2009, 11:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

veesixteen

Do any CLC members live close to the Blackhawk Museum? Would you be willing to "run an errand" for me? I have been asked by a collector in Russia if the body of the red V-16 roadster by Hartmann of Switzerland is WIDER at the front axle than at the rear, owing to the fully enclosed front fenders.  I guess there needed to be extra room behind those skirted front fenders to accommodate the wheels when at full lock, on both sides.  Did the coach-builder match the increased width also in the rear. "That is the question", as Hamlet once said.  Don't forget to bring along a tape measure !  Thanks.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Jeff Maltby 4194

Morning Yann. A friend whom has never been there, recently expressed an interest to see the collection being only 55 miles away. I've been there once to see Gables Duesenburg some years back. I'm not sure they would approve of a tape measure session though. Maybe if you contacted them directly with your excellent resume/intentions they would allow it ? Lets see what we can do.

http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

veesixteen

Thanks Jeff. The Russian gent already contacted the Museum directly.  He got no reply to his specific query, just a museum advertizing flyer.  I'll approach the Museum curator myself; perhaps I'll have more luck.

Quote from: Jeff Maltby 4194 on March 27, 2009, 11:45:34 AM
Morning Yann. A friend whom has never been there, recently expressed an interest to see the collection being only 55 miles away. I've been there once to see Gables Duesenburg some years back. I'm not sure they would approve of a tape measure session though. Maybe if you contacted them directly with your excellent resume/intentions they would allow it ? Lets see what we can do.

http://www.blackhawkmuseum.org/
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Yann, your post made me recall the last time we met sitting down to rest in front of this car on the platform it was sitting on. Best regards as always. Barry.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

homeonprunehill

YANN, I'AM here to tell you that the front fenders on a '38 La Salle are greaters then 5" wider then the rear are. Please don't  ask how I know that HTH,Jim
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES