News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

tyre size

Started by jeff elliott CLC #23590, March 27, 2009, 04:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff elliott CLC #23590

hi,
what is the correct tyre size for my 76 CDV? the items fitted at present are 235/75/R15/105S.
has anybody got opinions on Cooper tyres? especially the lifeliner classic 11WSW.
regards Jeff.

Dave Shepherd

That is the right size, Cooper tires are ok, make sure they are fresh, look at the DOT dates, last letters/numbers are Julian dates, ie:  2209 would be the 22cnd week of 09 for the tire production.

EAM 17806

JEFF!  I would suggest you look at these two web-sites and/or telephone numbers for good tires at a fair price.  Cooper or Coker tires are ok but with ridiculous high prices as you will see when you begin to compare them.  The two tire companies are as follows: DIAMOND BACK VINTAGE TIRES, 888-922-1642, WEB-SITE: www.dbtores.com.  The other one is:  UNIVERSAL VINTAGE TIRE, 800-233-3827, WEB-SITE:  sales@universaltire.com.  Try these two and I'm sure you will get a much better deal than at Coopers or Coker Tire especially with that 235X75X15 whitewall which isn't easy to get.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Otto Skorzeny

As long as you're calling everybody around for vintage style whitewalls, might as well add Coker Tire to your list.

www.coker.com

800-251-6336

whitewalls from 2 7/8" to 3 1/8" in 235x75x15

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

EAM 17806

Quote from: jeff elliott CLC #23590 on March 27, 2009, 04:42:37 PM
hi,
what is the correct tyre size for my 76 CDV? the items fitted at present are 235/75/R15/105S.
has anybody got opinions on Cooper tyres? especially the lifeliner classic 11WSW.
regards Jeff.
[/quote    JEFF! The correct size for your 76 CDV is 235/75/R15 which is the conversion from the original size LR78-15 with a 1.6" whitewall and no other if you want to keep it the same size when it came from the factory.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Dave Shepherd

FYI to all, Cooper actually makes some size tire for those companies. My Cokers have been great but are 190.00 plus shipping!

jeff elliott CLC #23590

thanks for replies,
it would appear that white wall tyres are expensive even in the states, by the time shipping is added and then her Majestys customs take your eyes out etc.  the price shoots up by the time a buyer in rip off Britain gets his goods >:(.
however, tyres are a must have item so as you guys point out I'll have to shop about to get a good deal, interesting to read that 1.5" is the correct white band width, the tyres fitted to my car are Marshals with a 3/4" band I had assumed this was correct.
best regards Jeff.