News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Are there any Cadillac typewriters?

Started by J Kjerrulf, March 29, 2009, 04:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Kjerrulf

I have a black "Continental" typewriter and a black "Imperial" typewriter as well, would be nice to have a black "Cadillac" typewriter too. (Don't ask me why - I have no idea :)) Do they exist? Anyone ever heard of them?
/J Kjerrulf
Eldorado Seville 1957

homeonprunehill

1Kjerrulf ,As far as I know, there are no Cadillac TYPEWRITERS,BUT according to GOOGLE, if youy type in cadillac typewrites, it willtell you that the IBM SELECTRICS ARE/were the CADILLAC OF electrics type writers! HTH,Jim  ;D
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Quote from: homeonprunehill on March 29, 2009, 05:15:28 PM
according to GOOGLE, if youy type in cadillac typewrites, it willtell you that the IBM SELECTRICS ARE/were the CADILLAC OF electrics type writers! HTH,Jim  ;D

I definitely agree and I still have mine.  If you need proof that "they don't make them like that any more", just pick one up.

wm link

How about a Cadillac Vacuum?  and Cadillac pet food...They did make those, although neither related to the automobile.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Even though Continental and Imperial were used by Ford and Chrysler as model/make names, my guess is that the manufacturers of Continental and Imperial typewriters probably chose those names because of what the words mean and not because they wanted to name them them after automobiles.  If Continental typewriters were made before 1940 and Imperials before the late 1920's, that would prove my theory. 

JerRita

We have a Cadillac bicycycle found it in the field sale at Martin's Carriage Auction years ago COOOOL JeRita
Jerry and Rita Trapani #15725 Caddymaniacs

Bill Hedge CLC 14424

A little over the top, but I have a Cadillac golf bag that I purchased at the Indiana Grand National (probably a left over from a Cadillac sponsored golf tournament), a set of Cadillac golf balls, and a putter with the back of the head of the putter shaped like the front end of a 59 Cadillac.  Now, if my 75 Cadillac Mirage only had a golf door I would be all set.

J Kjerrulf

Thank you all for your replies!
Pity if there are no true Cadillac typewriters, at least the "Imperial" shares the name with one of my favourite Cadillacs. Guess I will have to go for a black "Mercedes".
Well so far I have read Cadillac Vacuum, pet food(?), Bicycle and Golf equipment. Maybe there are other odd stuff out there, a Cadillac freezer would be nice to see!
/J Kjerrulf
Eldorado Seville 1957

Kevin M. Parkinson

The cafeteria in the office building I work in sells Cadillac coffee.  Maybe the company would be willing to supply coffee for CLC events for free for some focused advertising.

http://www.cadillaccoffee.com/
1925 V-63B Custom Suburban
1941 Series 6719
1956 Fleetwood 75 Imperial Sedan
1967 Sedan deVille
1968 Sedan deVille
1972 Fleetwood 75 Sedan
1972 S&S Cadillac Victoria Hearse Senior #779
1980 Fleetwood Limousine
1996 Sedan deVille
2006 DTS 1SD
2018 CT6 3.0TT Platinum