News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Home movie of Hershey Car Show 1962 on Youtube

Started by Ross Morgan #22943, March 30, 2009, 11:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Morgan #22943

I've put 10 minutes of home movie (I purchased the original 16mm film off ebay several months ago) of what I believe to be the 1962 Hershey Car show. It's shows quite a few of the cars driving by. Wow! - what a blast from the past! - the differences of the cars but more so of the people compared to now.  This is the first time I've put anything up on youtube and I took the liberty of putting some sound (music) to it.

Perhaps people can note the Cadillacs seen in this footage and anything else of note?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrw0EpnRjaw

Enjoy!  Ross Morgan (Perth, Australia)

Kevin M. Parkinson

Thanks for posting the video.  To comment on the newer Cadillacs at that time, the first half of the video showed a black 1963 Fleetwood parked next to a 1960 Sedan deVille where the driving cars were rounding the corner.  That brand new 1963 was probably mostly overlooked and would now, be one of the show cars.  That 1963, 46 years old today today would be like a 1916, 42 years old in 1962.

Later a 1962 Sedan and a 1961 Sedan can be seen driving.  I saw the taillight of a blue '54, '55, or '56.  Later maybe a grey '41 was parked.  Great video!
1925 V-63B Custom Suburban
1941 Series 6719
1956 Fleetwood 75 Imperial Sedan
1967 Sedan deVille
1968 Sedan deVille
1972 Fleetwood 75 Sedan
1972 S&S Cadillac Victoria Hearse Senior #779
1980 Fleetwood Limousine
1996 Sedan deVille
2006 DTS 1SD
2018 CT6 3.0TT Platinum
2018 Escalade ESV

Bill Lucarelli #22702

Thanks for posting...brings back great memories of the early days at Hershey....1967 was my first year at Hershey and have only missed 1 year since 67.  In the middle of the video are shots of Abe Jenkins Dusenberg, yellow, low slung with side open exhaust.  The "Dusey" set many land speed records and has recently been rerestored and again on the show circuit. 
1959  Eldorado conv
1958  Porsche speedster
1948  Plymouth woody

Walter Youshock

Absolutely spectacular!

Look at the real cars being driven on the field.  How many were still ORIGINAL paint and trim?  There is a purple 1920's roadster I can't identify, but it was probably an original car and color for the time.  The black, brand new 1962 Fleetwood parked on the corner of the turn is the car I want today!  I also liked the '56 or '57 T-bird driving around looking for a spectator parking spot. 

The cars haven't aged a day.  Note how many wives and children were in the show cars and walking around!  I hope they are still involved in the hobby. 

Really, the cars AND the people look the same, although there are fewer youngsters today.  I love how you see nobody wearing shorts and sandals--everyone is dressed in shirts and ties, some with jackets, and the ladies are in skirts, heels and gloves.

One thing about cars--they NEVER really get "OLD".

I guess we're all products of our time here...

A car is a wonderful "Time Machine".  It can transport you to an era you may have never experienced, yet it shares its "soul" with you!

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Walter Youshock

What do you mean it always rained in the early days--it ALWAYS rains for Hershey!!!  At least one day.

I've been at Hershey on Thursday when it was in the high 80's and back on Saturday when it was 45 and rain!  Pennsylvania in October is like a woman in "the CHANGE"!

I miss having my shoes sucked off in a mud puddle on the old White Field at 8:00 in the morning...  With the rest of the market in front of me.

And that smell of wet, rotting hay and cocoa powder...  Kept me going for 12 more months!

And carrying all those treasures from the old Green Field back across the road to the car parked behind the barn up from the White Field...  And meeting CLC members all over, but the best is at the CLC tent (used to be on the old Green Field).

Ahhhh..., Hershey!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Davidinhartford

Great video!

One would think that all of those cars survive today.