News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need Your Help 63 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible Carpeting

Started by Mark Goodwin, March 31, 2009, 02:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Goodwin

63.  Cadillac Eldorado Convertible Original Carpeting.

I am currently restoring a 63 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible, and the carpet is not original.  The carpet on the doors is much more plush, than that on the floorboards and appears to be the original carpeting on the doors.  My question is: is there a supplier for the original carpeting?  If there is, has anyone had any experience with their products and how easy they are to install?  I believe that the Fleetwood Series cars had more plush carpeting, then the 62 series or DeVille.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Mark Goodwin, Kewanee, Illinois.
From the Time You're Born, Until You Ride in the Hearse, There's Nothing so Bad, That It Can Be Worse

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Barry

I would be interested in finding a correct replacement for the Fleetwood Talisman carpet from '74 to '76 !
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

TonyZappone #2624

Google up SMS auto fabrics on the west coast.  They have been around forever.  They made me new carpets for mly 58 convertible.  They are beautiful.  Fit perfectly, look just like original.  I just had them send me wool samples for my 47 convert, they sent me five different shades to choose from!  Try them out
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Warren Rauch

For 1963 , Cadillac did offer 2 kinds of carpet. The 75,60s and Eldo used Tahitian quality nylon plush pile carpet. Deville and 62 series used Trieste quality rayon-nylon loop pile carpet. For  this year only you could order a non standard carpet color without having to order a full custom interior.Warren