News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CADDYS ARE COMING TO HERSHEY III--with PHOTOS!

Started by Art Archambeault 22010, April 01, 2009, 05:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Archambeault 22010

HELLO TO ALL OUR FRIENDS, from the Central Pa and Upper Susqehanna Regions of the CLC.  On behalf of Frank Pinola , Richard Sills
Stanley Sipko and Walter Youshock we are pleased to announce that the 3rd Annual   'Caddys are coming to Hershey' Expo on the beautiful grounds of the AACA Museum in Hershey Pa will be held this Summer on July the 11th.
       This year Mr. Richard Lentinello from Hemmings Motor news will be stopping by . The events will start on Friday night with an open house ,  a big day on Saturday with dinner in the evening and a possible private collector tour on Sunday morning which Im still working on.
       I will post all the details here throughout the Spring. I can be contacted anytime at   jandainpa2002@yahoo.com.

For now, MARK YOUR CALANDER    JULY 11  2009  THE  'CADDYS ARE COMING TO HERSHEY'       ART

Joe Manna

Art,plan on a few RRR members to be there.Joe
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

Art#22010

Glad to hear that Joe.  Were expecting folks from the Buick club of America , folks from long island , so it should be a big turnout this year. Alot of fun.  spread the word to your friends that other makes are also welcome, in fact last year a 36 olds took Best other Make award.   Art

Joe Manna

Art,I remember that car.It was pretty nice.I will definitely bring it up at the next meeting.Hope you guys come to our show this year.

Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Joe Manna

Art,I was just looking at pics from last years show.Can't wait for this year.

Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Art#22010

Joe , we already have advance registrations and there is a lot of interest. So it should be a big show.    Art

Joe Manna

Art,I guess it will be here before you know it.I will try to plug the show at our meetings.Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Joe Manna

Just helping my friends in the CPR-CLC promote the show.

Joe
RRR-CLC
2015 Cadillac SRX

Art#22010

Quote from: Joe Manna on April 13, 2009, 08:12:09 PM
Just helping my friends in the CPR-CLC promote the show.

Joe
RRR-CLC
Thanks much Joe , it is appreciated.   For those who are resonably close but who have never attended the AACA Museum, here is your oppurtunity. Though many fine museums exist around the country devoted to this old car hobby, The AACA museum is world class and arguably , second to none. As part of your registration you receive one free pass to the museum.  Its Air conditioned, elevators available and a wonderful place to perhaps make it a day to bring your grandchildren along and introduce them to the old car hobby.  Perhaps a weekend out of this idea and a trip to Hershey Park in the plan.
               The show itself is a celebration of Cadillacs with an open invitation to all makes and models. We will be awarding first through 3rd place in 13 divisions of Cadillacs this year with 1-3 for best other makes.
                The show itself takes place in front of the Museum on the grounds itself. Speaking for myself and Im sure others , it always feels more like a festival then a car show. Corvetts ,Chevrolets Ford, all make all models. you are our guest for the day and we aim to please you. If any past attendees have any idea how I can make this show more enjoyable for you , let me  hear from you. art

Joe Manna

Art is right!.This is by far one of the best museums in the country,if not the world.I have attended this show last year along with 2 of my fellow regionnaires.We had such a wonderful time at the show.But that great time didn't end when we left the museum,we were cordially invited back to our hosts' home ,where we were met by some members of the VFR.

We sat poolside and everyone engaged in some form of discussion.Whether it was car related or not.We unfortunately could not join everyone else for dinner that evening as we had a long ride back to New Jersey.

Looking forward to seeing every one again this year.

Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Walter Youshock

The USR is also readying for the event.  We hope to bring a nice selection of cars from the Scranton Region AACA and hope to get Ed Kwak's 1933 sedan down there.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Joe Manna

Walter,what are you bringing this year? Saw your 91 last year.Very nice car.

Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Walter Youshock

Sunny and dry--the '57.

We KNOW it's going to be great weather!  It only rains in Hershey the first two weeks of October!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Joe Manna

Walter,looking forward to seeing your 57.My grandfather had a 57 CDV.He owned it from '62-'70.Sold it for $300 and bought a brand new Chevy Nova.I will bring some pics of it to show you.

Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Joe Manna

Hi Art,

Well we have at least one more RRR member is coming out to the show.

Joe
2015 Cadillac SRX

Art#22010

Hello all.   This years show is of course on Sat. For those staying overnight , I have arranged with the cooperation of Keith Miller
a tour of his storage facility and collection.  His facility is 3 miles from the museum and will take about an hr or a little more.
He has storage for about 150 cars and he will give us a tour of his personal collection. You wont want to miss this. Even if you cant make the show come our for the tour on Sunday morning.   I will post times here later so keep checking back       Art

Joe Manna

Well,July is not that far away.Folks,you have to try and make this show.It is such a nice time.
2015 Cadillac SRX

Walter Youshock

A LOT of rare GM cars are planning to attend, as well as some Packards, and, possibly, a Jordan from the Scranton area.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Art #22010

Quote from: Walter Youshock on May 15, 2009, 10:08:59 PM
A LOT of rare GM cars are planning to attend, as well as some Packards, and, possibly, a Jordan from the Scranton area.

Great news Walt. Really hope you can join in the activities after the show and dinner .  A late drive home but you wont regret it.

Joe Manna

2015 Cadillac SRX