News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Headlight Switch part number check, '68 Eldorado

Started by Perry, April 03, 2009, 08:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perry

Hello - there's a headlight switch listed on ebay currently with part number 1995224.  Among the cross referenced models listed is the 1968 Eldorado.   My catalog for '65-'74 parts shows 1995162 as the headlight switch for a '68 Eldo and I can't find mention of the seller's part number 1995224 at all in this catalog.

I don't do a lot of this kind of research....can someone check this info and confirm what I think I've found?  Any other ideass concerning these part numbers?

Thanks much,
Perry

Glen

The part number for a 68 Eldo headlight switch is 1995162.  The part number you list is not in the 1974 Cadillac master parts list.  Maybe that switch is for a different make of car. 

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Warren Rauch

Its a good thing you questioned the listing. Part # 1995224  is AC- Delco #  D-1509A which fits 1968 Cadillac except Eldorado and 69-81 all without Twilight Sentinel. I checked a couple of newer Cadillac books that listed other numbers for some of the abovel ,so it probably is a part that was made to fit a newer model and replace  older parts as well.warren

paul

Im not real clear on the eldorado. But on the regular 68 cadillacs you had to use  a 68 switch because in 67 and earlier the side markers i believe went out when you pulled the light switch out all the way, and in 68 they stayed on. I dont know if the eldo was different but i believe they did that in 68 for a safetey requirement

Glen

Hah, I forgot about that.  Yes the 68s including the Eldo has the added feature of lighting the parking lights when the headlights are on.  That explains why the ’67 and ’68 headlight switches have different part numbers.  Thanks for the reminder. 

Glen
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104