News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

help for my battery

Started by collectovince, April 06, 2009, 01:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

collectovince

Hi everybody ! I am vince from belgium , and i'm the happy owner of a pristine , 100 % original 59 2 doors deville ...which needs only one thing to be perfect : an original-sized battery . I can't find any info about the exact measurments of the original one ...some info , pics , name of a brand would help a lot .

Just for the story , after 10 years of lazy search, i was thinking it would be impossible to find an unretored 59 here in europe ..and i found it about 6 miles from home ....never desperate !

Otto Skorzeny

Hi Vince,

Here is a company that makes original style car batteries for just about any antique car you can think of.

I have been using one of their batteries for 8 years in my '56 and it is top quality.

They also sell modern Optima style batteries in original style cases. Yours is a Delco G27D. It measures 12" x 6 3/4" x 9"

http://www.antiqueautobattery.com/

Call them at  800-426-7580  or 330-425-2395

PS. I found my '56 Coupe de Ville less than a mile from my house here in Atlanta, GA.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

collectovince

Many thanks Forrest ! Found .... :)