News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Return Spring On Carb Linkage For 1961 Series 62 Cadillac Convertible

Started by Jack Miller CLC# 24441, April 08, 2009, 01:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Hi All,

I need to get a return spring on my linkage of my 1961 Cadillac series 62 Convertible. I have a place on the carb arm on the linkage for a spring,  but nowhere to attach it to. Can I remove the bolt on the back of the power steering pump (without causing pump damage) and make an attachable angle steel part with a hole for the bolt on one side and a hole on the other side for a spring? Does anyone here have a 1961 or 1962 Caddy that can post a picture of this, or to look and tell me how it is connected and done? I am sick of keeping the top of my shoe behind the gas pedal to pull it up. I have a spring on the carb arm and the other end wrapped around the P/S neck. It keeps on stretching out, it is rubbing on the underside of the air filter housing and is not correct.

Thanks
Jack

35-709

There should be a tab under the left rear thermostat housing attach bolt with a small hole in it that the forward end of the spring attaches to.  I have seen these missing on occasion for some odd reason.  Maybe someone here can take a picture of theirs to give you a visual clue.  Easy enough to make one.   

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

paul

Yes a little tab on the inner thermostat housing. Ive seen wrapped wire and the spring attached to the oil fill and breather tube to compensate for that lost or missing tab.