News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bob Millian has passed on

Started by T. Hitchcock, April 09, 2009, 04:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T. Hitchcock

Those of you who knew Bob Millian, or may have benifited from his encyclopedic knowledge of the 1959 and 1960 Cadillacs, will be saddened to learn of Bob's passing on March 21st after a long fight with cancer.  To say that Bob was a colorful character is to grossly understate his persona.  

Bob will also be remembered for his flawless, 100-point, white Eldorado Baiarritz with red leather inteior.  After Peter Fuller Cadillac of Boston closed, Bob aquired their showroom turntable and had it assembled and installed in his garage where he could sit back and view his car's beautiful lines from every angle, all the while listening to Fats Domino recordings (who was a personal friend).  Bob didn't suffer fools lightly and always had an opinion about anything having to do with Cadillac.  In February 1985, the Boston Globe ran a full page article about Bob entitled " Weston man has an obsession: Cadillacs of the '50s, '60s." This article enabled me to meet Bob and to finally have in Bob a friend who was even more crazy about the 1960 Cadillac than me!

Tom Hitchcock - CLC 2212
Sturbridge, MA  

35-709

As a former customer of Bob's, I am very sorry to hear of his passing.  He was helpful to me while I was redoing my '60 Coupe.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Eric S. Maypother #15104

I to was sorry to read of his passing in the NER newsletter today. I've been a club member about 15 years but just meet Bob about 2 years ago when I went to his house to buy a Cadillac parts car. I always looked forward to seeing him at car shows, he was quite a guy. I'm sure he'll be missed by many.

He loved 1960 Cadillac's, both his home # and cell # ended in 1960.

RIP Bob.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Tom Hitchcock

Eric,

Bob's "1960 inclinations" also extened to his Eldorado's Massachusetts vanity plate which also read "1960."  Because of the uniqueness of this plate , I always meant to ask Bob how he was able to aquire this low number...

Tom Hitchcock -  2212
Tom Hitchcock - 2212
1960 Coupe de Ville
1997 Eldorado Touring Coupe

P Cedergren

I am very sad to hear about Bob's passing.

I had the opportunity to visit him in his home a few times, and was very impressed by his added-on "showroom" with the turntable, window wall, 1960 Cadillac couch, 1960 Cadillac front end music desk, and of couse even more impressed by his knowledge of 1960 Cadillacs.

I vividly remember when the Grand National was in Boston (around 1990?) and a bunch of us headed over to Bob's house afterwards. Did we ever have a good time in his "showroom"!

Bob lived and breathed 1960 Cadillacs and did so for a very long time He once told me how he used to go to the local Cadillac dealer and buy 1960 Eldorado letters for 25 cents a piece! Obviously a few decades ago.

God bless you Bob, you will always be remembered.

/Per C. 4218

veesixteen

Sad news indeed.  Bob and I shared  an obvious fondness for the 1960 Eldorado models. He contributed, unsolicited, to the "Literature" section of the Cadillac Database by sharing with its users the images of all the Cadillac merchandising material relating to 60s models that he had accumulated through the years. Another void has been created that will be hard to fill.

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

DinoBob

As someone who shares his first name and his enduring passion for '60s, I am sad to hear this. RIP Bob.
Bob Belloff