News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

39 LaSalle Engine serial number

Started by STEVE CLC #16187, April 15, 2009, 12:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEVE CLC #16187

I am overhauling my engine in my 1939 5019 LaSalle. Thought it was the original motor, the serial number is #2D24242.  That is right, Stamped on the block in the proper place in the back left side , it is definitely a D in the serial number. I know there are no letters for the 1939  LaSalle , it should be 2290001 to 2313002. The D would have to be a 3 to be a correct serial number.Does anyone know what is going on ? Did the factory miss stamp it ? What would the D stand for? I checked it several times with light and the engine is out on the bench so I can see it real good. any Ideas? Chassis serial # is 2311111.

steve
steve hales
clc # 16187

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Steve, that other # is called a unit assembly #. It is really for factory reference only. It has nothing to do with the engine #. This subject was beat to death some months ago. You might want to seach back and find it.  I think we all knew you would find the correct engine # when you finished cleaning. HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.