News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 cadillac eldorado brougham #00075

Started by fnoti, April 16, 2009, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fnoti

Hello everyone, as you know from my previous post I am in the market for a 58 or 59 Cadillac.  Well over the weekend I had come across a persons yard that had a few older cadillacs in them  I stopped by and spoke with him asking if he had any 58 or 59's.  He took me to a barn where he pointed me towards a 1959 Eldorado Brougham number 00075.  He told me there werent many made and that this car was a pina ferrena (sp) and came from Italy.  He is looking to sell the car.  Now ive done some quick research to find that there are only 100 of these that were built.  This car is in VERY rough shape.  It is not running and there is a good amount of surface rust and some rust along the side.  I know this will be a restoration project where I will have to pay to have the majority of things done.  I am also concerned about some of its history.  According to some Cadillac website it states car was reported stolen but the story has since been recanted according to the site and is said to be clean with the State Police and DMV.  I guess Im asking for some advice from the Cadillac experts here.  He wants 10,000 for it and I knwo that 30,000 will probably have to go into it.  what do you all think?  You can actually email me if you like because I do have a few camera phone pics. 

Otto Skorzeny

Please  post the photos here and we'll be able to give you a better idea of it's true value and it's true potential.

$30,000 into a Brougham that's in "rough shape"?  You're dreaming, Frank. Try $80,000 to $100,000 or more for a total restoration.

Since this car is worth maybe $50,000-$65,000 in 100point condition (probably less in today's economic climate), consider your purchase wisely. If you truly love the car, it doesn't matter what it's worth. If you think you'll be able to recoup your investment after a full restoration, you'll be in for a rude awakening.

You can learn more about them at Yann Sanders' Cadillac website:  http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Phocad59.htm

site dedicated to 1959 Broughams: http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/Brg13a2.htm
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Frank,

I am in agreeance with Otto on this one.

There are so many differences to the standard vehicle that you will either me making everything, or searching the World for parts that nobody will be wanting to part with.

Things like the Glass is Model-specific, and you can't just go to a windscreen place and order a new screen.

But, Mechanicals are the same as the Eldorado Biarritz and Eldorado Seville, oh, and the Headlights are readily obtainable.

If you want one badly, it would be cheaper to go out and buy a perfect one, and stay sane.   Hospital bills can be expensive, as well as Divorces.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

David King (kz78hy)

I have some 58's and do not have any photos of 1959  075 so your photos would be welcomed for sure.

Big money to redo this car and based on your description, big job to undertake.  If the car has not been messed with, then at least it should be fairly complete and you have a sample of what you need replaced.

I hope to drive 615 this weekend, the car has not been driven since the sixties, so I'm quite excited to finally have it running.  Shake down drive to the muffler shop and have them complete the installation of the system.

Please send me any photos you have of car 75

Thanks
David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Otto Skorzeny

kz78hy,

take a look at the website listed above to see photos of the car. It was a basket case then and sounds like it's worse now. The seller would probably be lucky to get $1000 for it let alone $10,000.
fward

wm link

Well put! I had a 60 Brougham a few (6 ?) years back, I suspect car 75 will may up an 'estate' car as it will be many years before the seller 'seasons' to a realistic price.   
Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) (Bruce Reynolds) on April 16, 2009, 09:13:52 PM
G'day Frank,

I am in agreeance with Otto on this one.

There are so many differences to the standard vehicle that you will either me making everything, or searching the World for parts that nobody will be wanting to part with.

Things like the Glass is Model-specific, and you can't just go to a windscreen place and order a new screen.

But, Mechanicals are the same as the Eldorado Biarritz and Eldorado Seville, oh, and the Headlights are readily obtainable.

If you want one badly, it would be cheaper to go out and buy a perfect one, and stay sane.   Hospital bills can be expensive, as well as Divorces.

Bruce. >:D

wm link

OOPs...i misread and thought the asking price was $30k, not $10k. Still ample grounds for a divorce , straight jacket or BOTH!

Walter Youshock

Although the '59 and '60 Broughams are four times rarer than the '57 and '58's, their rarity makes it even harder to get parts.  Plus, I don't think it would ever command the price of a '57/'58 Brougham.

I still would like to have one, though...
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

buicksplus

The car pictured looks pretty nice to me.  The devil is in the details, but the rust shown appears superficial and at least at the rear the car is very complete.  This car could be just dirty, it is certainly is that.

If most of the car is there and the rust is not too bad, I think 10K is not a bad price.  Yes, it would cost a fortune to restore it, but this is the case with any project car.  It would sure be fun and satisfying to bring this rare EB back into the sun.

Bill Sullivan CLC# 12700

David King (kz78hy)

Forest

I had already checked the 59 DB and there are no photos listed for car 75, just text.  Every time there is a EB image identified with a body number, I save in a file for future reference.

My 58 finally drove out of the garage on Friday.  I have put about 50 miles on it and breaking it in.  There a few things to sort out, but overall, pretty good weekend.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Otto Skorzeny

I thought I saw one in there labeled #75. It was rusty and white. I'm going to look again.

Yes, you're right. The one I thought was 75 was actually 74 - just above the text on 75.
fward

veesixteen

I would be very wary of this car, despite what the owner asserts.  Before discussing ANY purchase, ask to see a clean title and check with the DMV of the State where it was issued.  I certainly did not "dream" the converstaion that I had a few hyears back with someone alleging to be  an insurance investigator; I'm just sorry I mislaid his phone niumber.  Who would bother to spread this kind or rumor about such a special and rare car ...unless it was to scare away potential buyers who might OUTBID him ?

I'll be interested to see how this one plays out. At least we know the car is real and we now have a partial photo, thanks to you.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Otto Skorzeny

I'm with you Frank. I've never owned a 4 door car in my life. Gimme a 2 door coupe any day. Rarity doesn't add anything to my enjoyment of my vehicles. Now, I could overlook my 2 door rule for a '57 Brougham.
fward

Broughams by BO

IS THIS CAR STILL AVAILABLE??
THANKS,BO
1957 EB#258 (ALMOST DONE)
1958 EB#661 SOLD TO MIAMI
1972 CALAIS COUPE SOLD!
1971 COUPE DEVILLE 13K SOLD!
1977 COUPE DEVILLE  5,800 MILES!SOLD TO NEW ZEALAND!

wolfgang kupka

Just bought #26 for $33k, the car is grey with grey interior. its a#3 car. Need info and manuals. please e-mail me if you have any restoration info or stuff to buy.
thanks
wolf

wolfgangkupkaemail addresses not permitted

cejas

Interested in vehicle.  is it still available?  how may i contact you discuss further.

ColoradoGuy

I realize this is an old thread, but I "stumbled" upon it researching '59 Eldorado Broughams.

My friend has car #60 out of the 99 that were made in 1959. It's a beautiful white sedan. A few photos: http://www.coloradoguy.com/1959-cadillac-eldorado-brougham/photos.htm

To the original poster, asking price of $10K sounds reasonable, but like others said, when you take into account the $30K or more to restore it and its would-be value restored ... eh.

All the best, Steve
1964 Cadillac 6-Window Sedan
www.1964cadillac.com

David King (kz78hy)

Hi Steve,

Please forward this link to the owner as he might enjoy our new Eldorado Brougham Chapter.

eldoradobrougham.org

We have 2 members so far with 59 and 60 cars.

Regards
David King
Director, Eldorado Brougham Chapter of the CLC
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

76eldo

I wonder if anyone ever bought this car and started restoring it?  Looks very solid with just surface rust.  10K seems very reasonable for one of these that looks like all of the Brougham-specific parts are all there.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

ColoradoGuy

Quote from: David King  (kz78hy) on July 20, 2011, 09:22:44 PM
Hi Steve,

Please forward this link to the owner as he might enjoy our new Eldorado Brougham Chapter.

eldoradobrougham.org

We have 2 members so far with 59 and 60 cars.

Director, Eldorado Brougham Chapter of the CLC
Dave, I'll certainly let him know! :)
1964 Cadillac 6-Window Sedan
www.1964cadillac.com