News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac products

Started by homeonprunehill, April 17, 2009, 04:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeonprunehill

to; Anyone reading this post. I have a horn built by Cadillac , which started a compancy in 1963, in Wixom, mi. Does any reader know of that city?   I was just reading a magizene "Autombile",may '09 issue, which had an ad about the '09 CAMARO, 304HP OUT OF a V6 with an EPA of 27 MPG at a cost of $22,000 PLUS  I don'tmake a habit of reading ad's  you may be interesting in reading about the  ad on "chevy.com/camaro"
OH, I should add to the subject cadillac shoe products,I have a shoe horn, JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

35-709

Anyone that Googles "Wixom, MI" can find out more about that city than most care to know.  Here's the first paragraph from Wikipedia about Wixom ----

"Wixom is a city in Oakland County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 13,263 at the 2000 census. The city was home to the former Wixom Assembly Plant, which produced the Lincoln LS, the Ford Thunderbird, the Ford GT, and the Lincoln Town Car. The plant closed its doors on May 31, 2007."

Apparently there were/are several manufacturers located there. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Carfreak

Quote from: Geoff Newcombe #4719 on April 17, 2009, 09:47:32 PM

Apparently there were/are several manufacturers located there. 

GM had/has a plant there too - not sure if it is still operating.
Quite a bit smaller (100,000 sq ft) than the Lincoln facility; they hand build Corvette ZR-1/ZO6 and Cadillac XLR-V & STS-V engines.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0507phr_inside_gms_performance_build_center/index.html
http://www.c6registry.com/Press%20Releases/perfomance_center.htm
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Glen

A Cadillac shoe horn?  Is that so you can get into the newer cars?

Glen
Sorry couldn’t resist. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

homeonprunehill

Glen,You are right again! Jim
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES