News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1979 Superior Sovereign 3 way

Started by Highbars, April 22, 2009, 11:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbars

Recently I had an unfortunate mishap in that Sideslider (my 79 Superior Sideloader) and I went into the wall. I can use the front fender from a Fleetwood along with front bumper and headlight pieces I am not sure about the rear side door but the front door I have been told is model specific so I need a commercial chassis door. Putting him back together again is going to be a trick.  It is 1 of 37-- 3 ways Superior produced for 1979 and of those 16 had electric tables as does Sideslider... I have been looking but not having much luck.
I hate the thought of buying another Hearse and parting this one out... I am also looking for another 79 with major front end damage or one that has the right side wiped out and combine two...

Need to know if what years will interchange if any for the Left rear quarter panel. It is a commercial chassis and have found the doors are model specific. I can use a front fender from a Fleetwood and possibly the front bumper. Were the '77 thru '80 the same in that respect. If the differences are minor that is ok. It is the whole side that was affected at   least the whole side will be switched.

If anyone has any suggestions or parts or info, I would sure appreciate any help or advise....... Thanks for reading....  :-\

Highbars and Sideslider are down and out.... 

Eric S. Maypother #15104

Hi,
1977-1979 Deville & Fleetwood body parts are same except rear doors and 2/4 door cars, on the front door I think the bottom part is same size as Hearse, maybe you could use skin off a regular 1 or somehow install your window and frame onto the standard door. on the rear door and qrt you may have to fabricate sheet metal for it or graft panels from a doner sedan or coupe, it's not impossible to find a 77-79 Hearse for parts but rare. If Hearse model to model and coach builder to coach builder has different doors it will really be hard. I see some sad looking Hearses on eBay from time to time, theirs a few Hearse clubs who may be able to help also, I think 1 has a website called the Professional Car society or something like that, I lost a lot of links I had.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

Highbars

Quote from: Eric S. Maypother #15104 on April 23, 2009, 01:12:48 AM

1977-1979 Deville & Fleetwood body parts are same except rear doors and 2/4 door cars, on the front door I think the bottom part is same size as Hearse,
Hey Eric --- Thanks for the info I am checking on the front door situation.. Some say the front door is commercial chassis only and need to find another hearse. The side door could possibly have a new skin graphed on it with some structural repair... "The incident" has left the top hinge assembly on the side door broken in half and the mount ripped off the body.... It is a sad time in Highbar's World.. but will overcome it all and be VICTORIOUS... I will try to get some damage pics up if I can bring myself to look  at it thru the lens...