News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1979 Eldo Fuel Pump issue

Started by PhreddBardin, April 24, 2009, 06:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhreddBardin

I need some help. 

I switched out a fuel pump a couple of weeks ago.  While changing it out, a wire with a cylinder on it that was grounded to one of the mounting bolts broke off.  The wire was old and the entire cylinder and wire broke off.  I have them now but I'm not sure exactly what it was grounding.  The positive and negative wires are still connected to the pump itself.  The pump ran for a couple weeks and stopped working two days ago while I was driving.  The car stalled out and now when I turn the key on, but not all the way to start it, the pump isn't turning on for a second or two like it should.  I'm assuming no power to the pump or some short somewhere, but I have no clue what that cylinder/ground are or what has caused this.  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!

Doug Bardin