News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 LaSalle Original Owner's Manual

Started by malatu, April 27, 2009, 09:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malatu

How desirable is it to have an original owner's manual for a 37 Lasalle, or any classic car  (I'm relatively new at this.).  I had the opportunity to buy one the other day.  I've seen them on ebay a couple of time .. they go for around $100.   Is it an individual thing or is there an "industry standard" or a generally accepted opinion associated with having an original manual.  I'm interested in what everyone thinks.

Thanks,

Mark
Mark B.
CLC # 24478

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Mark,

Anything is worth what anyone is willing to pay for it.

But, look at the Scent bottles for the '57 and '58 Eldorados and see what they command.   Rarity has its' value.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Warren Rauch

There are two main reasons people want an owner manual. First is to display with the car, the $100 manual should look great and do this job well. Second for infomation on the car. Things like light bulb numbers . How the 3 beam head lights work. When to grease . What to expect the gauges to read.What is in the tool kit. ETC. Are all things included in the 1937 manual. For this a well worn copy is all you need $25-30. Warren