News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 caddy heater core

Started by theotherman222, April 28, 2009, 12:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theotherman222

can someone please send me the instructions on how to replace my heater core please? i have a general manual and it isn't covered, just my luck. also any tips on restoration of this car would be great!! i need to replace floors, some body work, a front windshield, which is hard to find of course, etc. thanks everyone in advance. i have a small budget, basically weekly paychecks and a slow process, but im working on it. wish me luck!!  ;D
Frankie
~222~

Doug Smith

D. Smith

quadfins

I scanned the page from the shop manual - if the attachment works, here it is:
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4

theotherman222

Quote from: quadfins on May 01, 2009, 11:13:12 AM
I scanned the page from the shop manual - if the attachment works, here it is:
\

thank you soo much!! thats great!!
Frankie
~222~

quadfins

I forgot to ask...
Does your car have air conditioning? If so, you'll also have to remove the ducting under the dash, before you can get to the heater box. It's only a little more time and blood, and pretty easy to figure out without the shop manual.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jim
1961 Coupe de Ville
Jim Eccleston
1961 Coupe de Ville
BATILAC
Senior Crown
DeCou Driving Award x 4