News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

EBAY CAR COVERS

Started by 50CADDY, April 30, 2009, 10:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

50CADDY

Has anyone bought a big sedan car cover from E-bay, I see a 4 layer cover and it says it will fit my boat---sounds cheap ???

Wynn Moore

There is more to car covers then selecting one that is big enough to fit your car.  Most important is the material that it is made out of.  It has to be "breathable" material" so that it doesn't maintain any moisture underneath.  Putting a tarp, or any other non porous material will do more harm then good.  Here is a site that can give you more information:

http://www.beverlyhillsmotorsport.com/html/carcovers/bhmcustomcovers.html

Paul W Allen

I would stay away from the eBay covers. There was a guy on there that bought one for his 59 Cad. It didn't come close to fitting. They wouldn't make good for it. I got mine from California Car Covers. Mine (53 Coupe) has the windshild visor on it, so they added extra material for that. Fit like a glove. The Vacuum Antennas don't go all the way down, so they give you an extra grommet so you can fit the cover over it.

Paul

Otto Skorzeny

Google covercraft car covers. Beverly Hills Motorsports is just one of the companies that sells them. They make excellent products and their customer service is outstanding. I have been extremely happy with the Evolution fabric of my cover. I've purchased from Beverly Hills as well as other vendors. They are all made by covercraft.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

50CADDY

I will do that, the car is stored in a climate controlled garage so I dont really need an expensive cover---I just dont want it to scratch anything.   Thanks again for quick responses

Otto Skorzeny

The best thing about Carcraft's covers (all made in Texas) is that they are fitted to the shape of your car and fit without billowing around or stretching. The Technalon Evolution/Noah fabric is very soft, breathable and will protect the car from door dings and other stuff that might accidently hit it.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

David #19063

Quote from: 50CADDY on May 01, 2009, 09:19:20 AM
I will do that, the car is stored in a climate controlled garage so I dont really need an expensive cover---I just dont want it to scratch anything.   Thanks again for quick responses

Since your car is stored in a climate controlled garage and you are looking for inexpensive...

Go into your closet, find two all cotton king size flat sheets.  Queens will work if you do not have a king bed.

Then go to the store and surprise your wife with two new sets of sheets for your bed.  (Buy 100% cotton 400 thread count or better, e.g best quality for bed and future car covers...LOL!).

Everone will be happy, new sheets, and a free car covers!
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours