News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 Eldorado Seville resistance of gauges

Started by Adrian, May 01, 2009, 03:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

G'day, can anyone tell us what the electrical resistance is for the fuel gauge and temperature gauge of the 1957 Eldorado Seville? My sparky is having some issues in getting the gauges to read correctly without firstly knowing what the actual resistance should be. I have attempted to find an answer locally here but without success, subsequently I thought I would come to the Holy Grail of the motor vehicle and ask.  Cheers Adrian and Heidi, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.  ???

Dave Shepherd

What are you trying to determine?  Do they work?  The dash gage should read full with an open circuit from the tank unit and if grounded empty. Temp gage is similar. open ciciut is cold I believe grounded is hot, try these tests.