News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Steering Column Detaill 41

Started by autoluke, May 02, 2009, 11:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoluke

Looking  for  a schematic showing details of the components  used in the steering column assembly for a '41.  I have many of the parts, but seem to be missing the smaller washers.

Thanks,

Phil
Phil Lukens

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Phil: Here is a PDF file of 2 pages which show the break down of the 42-48 steering column but it is also typical of the 41 steering column. My Cadillac master parts book does not have a schematic page specificate to the 41column. Hope this helps.   Bill

autoluke

Quote from: Bill Ingler #7799 on May 02, 2009, 01:40:45 PM
Hi Phil: Here is a PDF file of 2 pages which show the break down of the 42-48 steering column but it is also typical of the 41 steering column. My Cadillac master parts book does not have a schematic page specificate to the 41column. Hope this helps.   Bill

Bill:

Much appreciated...this will make the project  more enjoyable, and save many hours.

Would you also have a similar view of the standard shifting mechanism  ?

Phil
Phil Lukens

Bill Ingler #7799

Phil: You did not say if your car is a standard shift or hydra-matic so here are both shifting schematics. The standard schematic shows a 38 but it is typical of the 39-41. Have fun    Bill

autoluke

Quote from: Bill Ingler #7799 on May 03, 2009, 10:40:35 AM
Phil: You did not say if your car is a standard shift or hydra-matic so here are both shifting schematics. The standard schematic shows a 38 but it is typical of the 39-41. Have fun    Bill
[/quo         

Again Bill,  many thanks.

Phil
Phil Lukens