News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

EOS Assembly Lubricant New Part Number

Started by jeff1956, May 04, 2009, 02:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff1956

John Washburn's article in the current issue of the self starter listed EOS Assembly Lubricant as a good source of ZDDP.  So, I went down to my local Cadillac dealership, in hopes, that they could provide me with a bottle of EOS Assembly Lubricant PN 1052367.  I had heard that this was being discontinued and was hoping that they would have some still available, on the shelf, as this is a small dealership.  The parts guy who has always been helpful with finding things for my 56 (has worked for this dealership since the late 1960's) looked up the number and said that it has changed part numbers and that it is still available, though they did not have any in stock.  The new number is 88862586, and he gave me the general disclaimer that it is not intended for use in motor oil....etc.  He said it lists for 23.95/unit.  I did not ask him how large the container was, but let's hope it's a decent amount because I had read in some previous posts that the previous version was only around 7.00/unit.  Anyways, just wanted to post this, in case, some of you may not already know this.

Thanks!

Jeff

jeff1956

oreilly auto is also selling an additive called hyperlube zinc replacement additive. it is 12 oz and is 16.99.  my local store had to order it as it is not a stocked item...the pn is hpz212.   

dadscad

If the product is not designed to be used as an additive in motor oil, why would you trust it to protect your engine?

There are factory formulated oils available from the major manufacturers that have adequate ZDDP and Phosphorus included in the formulation, which will be compatable with the other additives included in the formulation of the oil. Adding something to oil that is possibly not compatable with the other ingredients, could cause more harm than good.

I use Amsoil HDD 5-30 and the EaO22 Amsoil filter in my 63CDV. With this oil, I don't have to worry about adding something that may or may not protect the cam and lifters, the oil is all the engine needs. It is formulated with the proper amounts of ZDDP and Phosphorus that will be compatable with the other ingredients.

I attached a bulletin from Amsoil addressing this issue, hope it is informative.

Enjoy your ride,
David
www.lubedealer.com/ddthomas
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

David #19063

I believe GM puts that statement on the bottle to get around legal issues regarding its content and usage.
David #19063
1996 DeVille Concours