News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 Cadillac Calais - Upper and Lower Trailing Arms - Sources For?

Started by John Baker, May 07, 2009, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Baker

Hi Folks
I am looking for a source(s) for the upper and lower trailing arms (rear suspension) on my 1967 Calais. So far, I have not been able to locate these parts. Any suggestions on where one can find these parts would be appreciated.

Regards,

John Baker CLC # 22559
1967 Cadillac Calais

Dave Shepherd

I do not believe anyone reproduces these parts, if the bushings are bad you may be able to match them up.  Check Hemmings News for some used parts suppliers that focus on Cad parts.

John Baker

Hi Dave,

Thanks for checking in with that idea. Aftermarket solutions would work for me if they are available.

Regards,

John Baker CLC # 22559
1967 Cadillac Calais

Ted in Olympia WA

What exactly are you looking for?  Good used ones or ?  What are wrong with your currect ones?

Thanks

TED
Selling used Eldorado Parts from 1971-1978.  Member Number 25659.

John Baker

Hi Ted,

My 1967 Calais was up on the rack yesterday. While looking at another issue, I noticed that the lower trailing arm on the passenger side was "pranged" and had been installed/replaced backwards, with the "sway bar holes" facing towards the front of the car. The lower trailing arm on the passenger side of the car appears to be in good shape and installed correctly.

The upper trailing arms appear okay. My thought was, "while I am in there", go ahead and replace both lower trailing arms and perhaps the upper trailing arms.

The bushings as far as I know are original to the car. My preference would be to use authentic replacement parts or reproductions, but new component replacements would work for me as well.

Regards,

John Baker CLC # 22559

1967 Cadillac Calais