News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

56 build sheet

Started by jeff1956, May 09, 2009, 12:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff1956

i recieved the build sheet for my 56 today and i was pleasantly surprised to see that they sent an extra copy which had been deciphered for me...not that i couldnt have done it myself.  the old gal is still equipped exactly as built save for the alpine white top done sometime in its past. but im still leary on a solid pecos beige sixty special...guess im used to seeing her two tone.

Chris Conklin

Hey Jeff. I'd be more partial to the Alpine top also.

Some questions about the build sheet... I recently sent in an order by e-mail. There were three choices of "packages" you could order for different information. Did you order only the build record? Did it provide all the data you had hoped for? It should really just verify that the car is still as built. In my case my car matches the cowl tag, the build record would verify that the tag is valid, not sure how often someone would bother to change that. I also ordered Package 1 (descriptions pasted below), wondering if it's just redundant information. Anybody out there order this other "package"? What got my attention was that Package 1 would (or should I say "could") include the owner's manual even though it contains other items of known information, like production volumes. Thanks in advance. And I'll keep y'all posted after I receive the records in case there's interest in purchasing.

Package #1 - $50.00: Generic Information Package
Available for Cadillac and Oldsmobile only Generic information package contains copies, as available, of such items as: production volumes, build location, paint and trim specifications, inspector’s guide, owner’s/operator’s manual, and more.

Package #3 - $50.00: Build Record (Cadillac Only)
Available for Cadillac only. A copy of the vehicle build sheet will be provided. This document provides details on the body style, paint codes, engine codes and more.
Chris Conklin

jeff1956

i did only order the build sheet....it gave me the build date 6/4/56..region it was delivered to den (denver co)..and all fact installed options......and the order number it was included in.   my 56 was built on a monday......ive always heard not to buy a monday or friday car lol....jk shes been good to me the past 9 years.

Tom Hall 7485

Delivered to Denver - Maybe.  I suspect the outlet code for the 1956 reports
actually is billing information, not necessarily delivery information.  Your car
was probably billed to Rickenbaugh Cadillac Company in Denver, but it may have been
retailed at Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Grand Junction, Boulder, Greeley, Fort Collins,
or maybe even Cheyenne, Wyoming.  Difficult to say for sure without a bill of lading
and a clear understanding of Mr. Rickenbaugh's distribution territory....
Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.

jeff1956

the car was purchased new at forrest motor company in scottsbluff nebraska as it came with many records when i purchased it.  not sure if that helps...lol

Chris Conklin

Just FYI - Heard from Allied Vaughn this AM, here is what will be sent in addition to the as built log...

1966 AMA Specs
1966 Owners Manuals
1966 Optional Specs
1966 Data Book

Seems to be a lot of data that I have in the shop manual, but what the heck, I do want the owners manuals anyway.
Chris Conklin

caddy56 CLC 23685

Quote from: Chris Conklin #25055 on May 11, 2009, 04:30:07 PM
Just FYI - Heard from Allied Vaughn this AM, here is what will be sent in addition to the as built log...

1966 AMA Specs
1966 Owners Manuals
1966 Optional Specs
1966 Data Book

Seems to be a lot of data that I have in the shop manual, but what the heck, I do want the owners manuals anyway.
Guys,how do i order a build sheet for my cars,and where??

LM 25575

L. Marzana
- 1949 Cadillac 62 4 door
- 1981 HD FLTC

domer

Quote from: Chris Conklin #25055 on May 11, 2009, 04:30:07 PM

1966 AMA Specs
1966 Owners Manuals
1966 Optional Specs
1966 Data Book

Hey Chris I ordered both and received both packages a couple of weeks. Although I am very grateful for all the useful info contained in the packages, I was a little disappointed in the presentation.  I guess I was expecting a bit too much for only $50.00.  All the information...owners manual, specs sheet, etc...was printed on regular printing paper and stapled together.  Wasn't cut to correct dimensions, no binding, and no cover sheets.
I do apologize if I am being negative or ungrateful. The info is very useful
Hope this helps
Thanks
Dominique Vasquez #24943
1959 Coupe Deville http://bit.ly/1XkRuZc
1994 Fleetwood  http://bit.ly/1OTqOf1

caddy56 CLC 23685