News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Steering arms 39 Lasalle

Started by Wander, May 10, 2009, 04:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wander

Hello all

A short introduction, My name is Wander and living in Holland (Europe) and restoring a 39 Lasalle hearse.
Do have a kind of a tech. question, cleaned and repaired the front end, one A arm was bend, but with the help of the manuals i was able to fix all parts.
But the steering arms have different bends in them, i think the bended them to compensate for the front end dammage in the past.
So my question is , what is the original form of the arms.
Most of the parts are discibbed in the manuals, but not the arms.

Hope somebody can help me out.

Thanks
Wander.

harry s

Wander, If you are talking about the tie rods, the book shows them as straight and the same part number for each side. Also, it looks like you have a different engine, if so, what is it. Show us a picture of the entire car, looks like a neat one. Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

35-709

I wonder if those tie rods have been dropped to clear the oil pan on the engine?
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

wander

Thanks

The car is a 39-50 series   #2290001-up  and 156 1/2 wheelbase.

Here are some pics, how it arrived to me and in construction.
I put in a 454 bigblock gen v and a 4l80e transmission , the only thing realy rusted where the rockers and the floor , so i bent new ones and making a new floor.

Do you have a picture of the tie rods or is it possible to make one ?

wander

Here some more pics.
Also going to replace al the wood in the rear section, most of it is in bad shape.

Wander.

wander

Oil pan clearence is not the problem (anymore) i solved that problem

Wander

Otto Skorzeny

What are you going to do with this car? Are you going to use it as a camper or something?
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

harry s

With the open rear I would make the ultimate SUV. Whatever you decide the use to be it is a cool one.
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum