News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

CLC Member Morgan Murphy and his 58 Eldorado Brougham travel the country

Started by Jeffrey Klinner, May 19, 2009, 07:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey Klinner

Hey guys dont miss out on Morgan's blog on his website, Motorpool.com!   He is giving daily accounts of driving his newly rebuilt air ride equipped #702 Eldorado Brougham through the 48 states this summer.  Photos are great and he is a fantastic writer so it's hysterical.  Check it out.

Jeffrey Klinner  CLC 19166
CLC 19166
The Cadillac of Realtors in Birmingham Alabama

DaveW

Jeffrey,

Thanks for the link.  Interesting and sometimes hilarious diary.  Brave guy to take a newly rebuilt car on a cross country cruise, apparently without much of a shake down beforehand.  More guts than me.  Look forward to the rest of the story.

The story of him cooking the coil sounds similar to an incident I had where I apparently left the key in the "on" position.  In my case I fried the points.

Dave
David Whittaker
CLC #20768

1957 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
1958 Cadillac Series 70 Fleetwood Eldorado Brougham
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Walter Youshock

So THAT'S where he's been.  For awhile there, I thought he fell off the planet!

If you're gonna do it, there is NO better way than an Eldorado Brougham....
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Vince Taliano #13852

Morgan called me and Jack McClow when he was driving thru the Potomac Region.  Unfortunately, it was Mother's Day weekend as well as my son's 6th birthday weekend so we were not able to get together.  Thanks for sharing the link.  Look forward to keeping up with Morgan.

Vince
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Walter Youshock

You've GOT to read it--it's hysterical!

I thought I was brave driving the '57 back home to Detroit!  If I had as many mechanical issues, mine would have been left on Clark Ave!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Otto Skorzeny

The "link" above is not a link and the address is incorrect. Here is the correct link to Morgan's website:

http://www.motorpool.com/

Please tell me those are removable decals on his car and not part of the paint job. Good Grief!
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Jeffrey Klinner

Quote from: ottoskorzeny on May 20, 2009, 03:19:21 PM
The "link" above is not a link and the address is incorrect. Here is the correct link to Morgan's website:

http://www.motorpool.com/

Please tell me those are removable decals on his car and not part of the paint job. Good Grief!

I did not put out a "link".  I gave the address to find the site.  And yes they are removable decals.  I have been on the phone and heard of today's latest "Brougham-ism".  His battery croaked and he is once again waiting on AAA.
CLC 19166
The Cadillac of Realtors in Birmingham Alabama

DaveW

So, if memory serve me right, this will be his third battery in a very short period of time.  Sounds like something else in the system is the real problem?  I thought I was pretty good at "going with the flow", but Mr. Murphy has real patience.

Dave
David Whittaker
CLC #20768

1957 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible
1958 Cadillac Series 70 Fleetwood Eldorado Brougham
1977 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Otto Skorzeny

Yes. Either the generator isn't working or more likely, the voltage regulator isn't up to the job.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Walter Youshock

Wonder if they polorized it after they reinstalled it.  That can slowly suck the life out of a battery.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Morgan Murphy

Don't worry--no Cadillacs were harmed in the making of this road trip. The decals are a removable 3M product, not paint. I appreciate the support of my home club. Thanks for checking in on me--hope to see many of you at GN in Las Vegas!
"If the man wants to buy a Cadillac, let the man buy a Cadillac."
J.M. Murphy, 1959

Walter Youshock

I think my '57 and his '58 have a Karma connection.

Watch out for the EXPLODING water pump.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

veesixteen

Admirable, Morgan.  Gita and I did a similar trip in the fall of '06 in a much younger car (our 15-year-old Buick Roadmaster estate). We covered 11,000 mles and 30 (of the 48) states in 7 weeks, at a leisurely, sight-seeing pace.  I would do it again ...if my knees hold out! "Old age" is beginning to take its toll !
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Damon Lenszner

Great site - thanks Morgan - it's fantastic to see a Brougham being used.

I look forward to seeing my 'once a year' friends in Vegas - not registered but staying at Treasure Island
and will be at the show on Saturday.

Damon.