News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

is there a fuse on the turn signal circut 1948 75 series?

Started by Fisher, May 24, 2009, 10:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisher

My turn signals were working except one was dimmer than the other. I figured it might be a little corrosion on a contact or a bad ground. I started taking both the left and right sides apart to clean things up. When I started checking my contacts for power the system was dead. No power to the turns signals, left or right, front or back. I could have shorted it and blown the fuse.
  All the headlights, tail lights, dash lights and horn are still working and the car still starts right up. Just no turn signals.
  Its really difficult to see up and behind the dash board and I was unable to find a fuse. My 48 shop manual wiring diagram shows the is one inline. Is there someone that can point me in a specific area to look? Do I need to remove the dash cluster to get to it?

email me gwfisher@ca.rr.com

Thanks

Gary
fisher

vicbrincat

Gary..

Are your brake lights still working?
This is important as the brake wiring feeds through the turn signal mechanism. This may help us find the source of the problem.

I just went through the exercise of rebuilding the turn signal system on my '48..it's still very fresh in my mind...plus I cheated and took notes...:-)

Vic

vicbrincat

To answer your original question...yes..there is a fuse.

It is in the flasher circuit. On my Series 62. it is located on the back side of the speedometer gauge unit. It can be accessed by removing two mouting screws and carefully pulling out the speedo-assembly.

But the 75 series is different ..not sure where the fuse is for your model.

Vic