News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Oil Pressure Valve?

Started by EAM 17806, May 27, 2009, 11:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAM 17806

Hey Guys!  Where in the world is the oil pressure valve or switch where you can attach an oil pressure gage to deternine the pressure on a 1975/1976 Cadillac Coupe de Ville 500 cu, carb engine; for some reason the shop manual doesn't specifically direct you to it. Where's Al Betker, he'll know? I'd appreciate the info.  THANKS!  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Dave Shepherd

A memory squeezer, follow the wire harness. single wire either at the rear of the intake man. or near the oil filter.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

EAM,
On all 472/500 inch engines, the oil pressure switch is located in a little valley of the block casting, in the upper center of the engine behind the intake manifold.  On the 75/76 engines there will be a multi wire switch connection attached to the switch.  Oil pressure guages are typically installed below the switch.  Be careful and check for leaks after you are done with the installation.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

EAM 17806

GREG!  Thanks for the direction.  I know exactly where it is and I'll get right to it.  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark