News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Wiper blade rubber

Started by carguyblack, June 01, 2009, 09:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carguyblack

Can anyone tell me where I can purchase wiper blade rubber refills for my Trico blades? I'd just like to slip in some new wiper blades as all the stainless have seems just fine. New style rubber doesn't fit at all as I'm sure everyone knows.  Thanks, Chuck
PS: for anyone who remembers me like a bad dream, I did finally figure out all my electrical puzzles under the dash regarding my lights, a/c etc etc. Thanks for all the help everyone and especially the photos, Jose! Couldn't have done it without you guys!
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE

Walter Youshock

Pep Boys did carry Trico refills.  I don't know if they still do. 

The originals had dots on them.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Check McVeys. I know he used to have them. Correct and with the dots.

Paul
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

jeff1956

you can order a set of trico classic blades from advance..then swap the rubber over into your stainless blades. thats what i did on my 56...they fit and work like  a charm...they dont have the dots though.

jeff

carguyblack

Appreciate the help and I'll give those folks a call. I wish the "dots" needed to be correct would be important for me! There are probably so many things that aren't "correct" on my car that I don't think anyone would make an issue of missing dots on my wiper blades! Again, thanks guys! Chuck 
Chuck Dykstra

1956 Sedan DeVille
1956 Coupe DeVille (2 sold)
1957 Oldsmobile 98 (sold)
1989 Bonneville SSE