News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Inner roof, Deville -91

Started by Soren Johnson, June 14, 2009, 02:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soren Johnson

My inner roof looks like crap, take a look at the picture and you will see.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Soren Johnson, Sweden

Otto Skorzeny

Someone else was recently having the same problem. Do a search with headliner as one of the key words and you'll find the recommendations.

Basically it's a royal pain in the a$$. 

Those headliners consist of a molded cardboard shell to which the fabric - backed by foam under-layment - is affixed to it with upholstery adhesive glue.

What happens is that the foam between the outer fabric and the shell disintegrates over time - releasing the fabric. Your best solution is to take the car to a quality upholstery shop and pay a professional to put in a new headliner for you.  It is a very messy and awkward job to do yourself simply because of the car's size. The deteriorated foam gets everywhere.

I "fixed" mine in a Dodge pickup - much smaller and easier to work with than a Cadillac - and it still sucked to do. The adhesive failed a year or so later and I just removed the thing all together and left the bare painted metal ceiling in the truck.

On the other thread a man was quoted around $300 or so by a professional if I recall. That's well worth it considering what is involved to do it yourself.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE