News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

rubber drain grommets, hard to find

Started by G.Lucas #25354, June 18, 2009, 07:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Lucas #25354

I am wondering if anyone has come across a supplier, for replacement drain grommets. These are the grommets that sit under the windshield and side vents at the back doors. It is for a 1955 fleetwood. Hoses are connected to the grommets for water drainage. I have been unsuccessful in locating a supplier. If others have a different solution for replacing or using some other item to replace these, please share. Thank you in advance. ( I've tried steele rubber products and metro).George.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Try the Chevrolet Parts and Restorer places.

Cadillac most probably used the same parts in these areas, and will probably get them cheaper as well.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) (Bruce Reynolds) on June 18, 2009, 09:17:21 PM
Try the Chevrolet Parts and Restorer places.

Cadillac most probably used the same parts in these areas, and will probably get them cheaper as well.

Bruce. >:D
Exactly, Bruce. I used to buy these parts at C&P, but it seems that this company does not exist any more. There are others!
Roger
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101