News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Ideas to make an outside bar from a 1967 Cadillac

Started by Bob Mooney, June 23, 2009, 04:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Mooney

Hi,

I have the back half of a 1967 Cadillac that has been restored.  I want to make an outside bar with it located on my lower deck area.  I know this could be an awesome addition to our lake house and what a conversational piece.  Any ideas, plans, etc?  Anyone done anything like this? 

Thanks for your help and any ideas,

Bob Mooney

David King (kz78hy)

I would buy a front half and restore it, maybe at the other end of the bar.  After admiring the 2 halves for a while, you might consider joining them and moving or creating a bar in the garage.

Another option.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Jim Thompson

Why would someone only restore the back half of a car??????
1946 Cadillac model 61 fastback

76eldo

Maybe it's the remains of a restored car that had a front end collision. ???

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Otto Skorzeny

Quote from: 76eldo on June 29, 2009, 02:07:40 PM
Maybe it's the remains of a restored car that had a front end collision. ???

Brian

Like this one?

This makes me sick to my stomach.

Carfreak posted this on another site:

Two men in 1928 Model A injured in accident
June 21, 2009

CENTRAL POINT â€" A head-on collision Saturday morning between a 1991 Ford F-150 pickup and a 1928 Ford Model A on Hanley Road left two people seriously injured, Oregon State Police said.

Jake Ramos, 53, was driving his pickup west on Hanley Road when he failed to see a car ahead of him stop at the lighted intersection where the road crosses with Highway 238. To avoid hitting the car, Ramos swerved into the oncoming lane where his vehicle crashed head-on into the Model A driven by Daile Prettyman, 67, of Kennewick, Wash., OSP said.

Prettyman and his three passengers â€" Richard Mace, 65, and Kenneth Chandler, 55, both of Oregon and Jordan Chandler, 16, of Gearhart â€" were transported to Rogue Valley Medical Center.

Prettyman and Mace were hospitalized with serious injuries, while the other two occupants suffered minor injuries.  Ramos' 11-year-old passenger also was taken to RVMC, where he was treated for minor injuries.

OSP crash investigators determined that safety belts were used by all involved occupants. The crash is still under investigation by members of the OSP in Central Point.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Otto Skorzeny

fward

76eldo

That's awful.  I hope they are OK.  Not much in the way of safety features back then.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Otto Skorzeny

Yah, not many illegal aliens driving around with no insurance back then either.

Look at the steering wheel. It's really bent to hell.

Below was written by CarFreak:

Driver [of Model A] suffered a broken leg, knee, arm & ribs.  The car owner who was riding as passenger got a gash on his forehead & arm and broken hip socket.  Car owner had open-heart surgery not long ago so they can't do anything about the hip socket right now.  Both are still in the hospital recovering.

If the F-150 driver had swerved to the right instead of into oncoming traffic, he would have ended up in an empty field.  He was driving uninsured on a suspended license.

The Model A was in a group of other A's on their way to lunch after a club meeting.  Phoebe, the car, has a lot of sentimental value to the owner & will be re-restored. 
fward