News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Carter Carb Fuel Screens, Does anyone make them?

Started by Christopher Petti, June 29, 2009, 01:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher Petti

I called the guy at Carter that handles all the rebuild kits and he told me that they make them but you have to buy a kit for  :'($65.00. I couldn't find anyone on the net that had them. He suggested I buy some screen and try and sotter my own together. Is there anyone out there that knows of where to get the screen from? or if anyone makes these. I'm going to leaf through hemmings here after I fix a tire leak in my Buick.

I have a Carter WCFB 2255s, if anyone can help me find strainers for it I would be very thankfull. Thanks.

Chris
And uses too much gas
Some folks say it's too old
And that it goes too fast
But my love is bigger than a Honda
It's bigger than a Subaru
Hey man there's only one thing
And one car that will do
Anyway we don't have to drive it
Honey we can park it out in back
And have a party in your pink Cadillac

53caddy

I couldn't even find that website. I am needing a new rebuild kit for my 53
53 Cadillac Series 62 4 dr

Otto Skorzeny

Daytona Parts Company
386-427-7108
www.daytonaparts.com
mail@daytonaparts.com

This company assembles nearly all the carburetor kits sold by other suppliers. They have the largest archive of original carburetor blueprints from the original manufacturers in the world. They make kits for virtually every automotive carb made from 1900 to 1980.

They also do top quality rebuilding of carburetors for those who don't wish to do it themselves. Check them out. You'll be impressed.

Ask for Ron Hewitt or Tim Hewitt.

If they don't have the stuff you need they can probably point you in the right direction.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Christopher Petti

Quote from: 53caddy on June 30, 2009, 09:20:49 AM
I couldn't even find that website. I am needing a new rebuild kit for my 53

Shop around through Hemmings and on the web. Find out what is included in the rebuild kit. I just finished mine today. I purchased mine from Kanter but I know the website that they order theirs from that they send to you. I actually didn't realize till I took the carb apart that I needed screens or strainers. Somone had taken them out and put a bowl fuel line filter on so I am going to just forget about the strainers. Although some guy in Eldon Missouri makes them but only sells them in a kit, Not individually. So my best advice would be, take it apart and see what's there before you buy a kit like I did. Honestly though after looking at my carb with the new parts my rebuild kit was fine. There were more than one Carb rebuilder that told me those strainers are worthless with a line fuel filter.

http://www.capital.net/com/studiog/CarterWCFB/
And uses too much gas
And one car that will do

dadscad

Try The Carburetor Shop In Missouri. I have purchased excellent rebuild kits for my AFB from them. He should have the proper screen for your Carter.  http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/

HTH,
David
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

Christopher Petti

Quote from: dadscad on July 02, 2009, 11:11:10 AM
Try The Carburetor Shop In Missouri. I have purchased excellent rebuild kits for my AFB from them. He should have the proper screen for your Carter.  http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/

HTH,
David

Thats the guy who makes them but won't sell them outside of his rebuild kit. I have a line filter. I'm just going to go with that and forget about the strainers. That guy can keep them. I was willing to pay way more than their worth but not buy a whole new rebuild kit. So he gets nothing instead.
And uses too much gas
And one car that will do