News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A few more 96 Fleetwood questions

Started by Jeffrey Klinner, June 29, 2009, 07:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffrey Klinner

Ok guys I have a couple of more questions.  Can the true mirror part of the outside mirrors be replaced without having to do the entire housing?  I've one that is cracked. 

And...what seems to be the issue with the accent mouldings on the front and rear fenders?  They appear to be foil "chrome" and are bubbling.  Can this trim still be purchased?   Ive seen this on most all of the cars.

I drove the car on a hundred mile round trip drive with ease.  Nothing like smoking some little japanese piece of plastic with a full size American luxury liner.

Jeffrey Klinner
CLC 19166
The Cadillac of Realtors in Birmingham Alabama

Guidematic

Most glass shops can replace the mirror glass, and it's not expensive.

Those moldings were a problem from early on, many being replaced under warranty. I'm not sure if the replacements are any better, though. They are no longer available through GM, though. Remember, the newest of these cars are now 13 years old.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69