News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Cadillac Vacuum Diagram Rochester 4BBL Carburator

Started by Evan Szurek, June 29, 2009, 10:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Szurek

Just got my dream car - a 1956 Cadillac that is show ready if I could just drive it to the show.  I'm working on the mechanics under the hood and could really use a vacuum diagram or someone who is willing to email some pics of their '56 with a focus on the vacuum system.  Any takers or advice.  I need shots of everything under the hood!  Any helpers out there......................

Walter Youshock

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Fin Fan

Thanks for the help Walter!  Much appreciated!  Evan  :)
E. Szurek
1956 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
2009 Ford Focus SES

Christopher Petti

Nice car Evan, If I can send pics of anything let me know. That car of yours looks really familiar. Oh that's right I have the exact same one.
And uses too much gas
Some folks say it's too old
And that it goes too fast
But my love is bigger than a Honda
It's bigger than a Subaru
Hey man there's only one thing
And one car that will do
Anyway we don't have to drive it
Honey we can park it out in back
And have a party in your pink Cadillac

Fin Fan

OMG!!! My car has a twin.  Check out the photos I just up loaded to the Modified Cadillac site.  I also added some here but they haven't appeared yet.  Have you posted any photos of your car?  I'd love to see some closeups.  If you get a chance, I could use some clear photos of all the vacuum lines at the back of the motor.  There is also a connection at the back/base of my rochester carb that looks like it should have a vacuum connection there but mine has nothing.  If your Cad has AC, I could also use a couple of photos of the connection at the compressor and how the positive wire runs through the motor as my wiring has "disappeared"!  Thanks!  Happy 4th to all.  Fin Fan
E. Szurek
1956 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
2009 Ford Focus SES