News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

What ever happened to the big yard on the east coast???

Started by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96, July 03, 2009, 01:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

I'm referring to the one with the 60 Seville. Did anyone follow up or did the state crush the cars? Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Doug Houston

I wonder if you might be thinking of Bill's Auto Parts, in Valley Falls, Rhode Island. I took some pictures  once, when Terry Wenger was along and  yes, there was a 60S in there. It would have been a '40.

Terry sent several of my pics to Bev Kimes, and she sent me an advenced copy of the CCCA quarterly, with a thank you note. I was shooting 4X5 film in a press camera (My Linhof, as I recall), and the quality of the shots was magazine quality. Them was the fun days.

If that''s the place, I believe that the yard is still there, but the original owner had died and predictably, his sons took it over, and cleaned out the place. Terry has told that some cars had been taken from there and restiored. there was a '33 Cadillac that was one of them..

Valley Falls is on the edge of Providence.I recall having been there more than once, and I was the one who turned terry on to it. He was in the Army at the time, and not terribly far from there.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

EAM 17806

Quote from: Doug Houston #2257 on July 03, 2009, 11:09:55 PM
I wonder if you might be thinking of Bill's Auto Parts, in Valley Falls, Rhode Island. I took some pictures  once, when Terry Wenger was along and  yes, there was a 60S in there. It would have been a '40.

Terry sent several of my pics to Bev Kimes, and she sent me an advenced copy of the CCCA quarterly, with a thank you note. I was shooting 4X5 film in a press camera (My Linhof, as I recall), and the quality of the shots was magazine quality. Them was the fun days.

If that''s the place, I believe that the yard is still there, but the original owner had died and predictably, his sons took it over, and cleaned out the place. Terry has told that some cars had been taken from there and restiored. there was a '33 Cadillac that was one of them..

Valley Falls is on the edge of Providence.I recall having been there more than once, and I was the one who turned terry on to it. He was in the Army at the time, and not terribly far from there.
DOUG!  Yes, the yard is still there and it is as good as ever.  I was just there about a month ago and they have it pretty well organized. I use to go there when I was a kid for parts for my 1932 Chevrolet.  The yard is still big and plenty of cars to chose from.  The prices are still fair. EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

The yard I'm referring to was discussed some months ago. I think there was a google earth shot as well as some pics taken in the yard. One of the posters said the owner had a bad habit. There was a 60 Seville & lots of other cars. I'm sure all rusty, but let's try to save the rare ones. If I was on that side of the country, I'd sure try. Bob

harvey b

Hi All, anyone have an address for this place,i am going to be in Rhode Island this weekend and would like to find this place?,if it wasnt to far out of my way.Also does anyone know of any swap meets or car shows in the general area too?. Thanks Harvey B
Harvey Bowness

EAM 17806

Quote from: harvey b on August 10, 2009, 06:48:18 AM
Hi All, anyone have an address for this place,i am going to be in Rhode Island this weekend and would like to find this place?,if it wasnt to far out of my way.Also does anyone know of any swap meets or car shows in the general area too?. Thanks Harvey B
[/quote:  HARVEY!  Here is the full name and address:  BILL'S AUTO PARTS, 70 MACONDRAY STREET, CUMBERLAND, RI. TEL: 1-800-725-6181 or 1-401-725-1225.  E-MAIL: www.billsautoparts.com.  Welcome to Rhode Island!   EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

harvey b

Thanks EAM,if i get there i will try to get some pics to post. thanks Harvey B
Harvey Bowness

Glen

Is this it?  It looks more like a parking lot than a junk yard.    Is that because they park the cars instead of heap them? 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

EAM 17806

Quote from: Glen on August 11, 2009, 02:56:13 AM
Is this it?  It looks more like a parking lot than a junk yard.    Is that because they park the cars instead of heap them? 
GLEN:  Yes, they do park their cars instead of heap them at Bill's yard.  EAM
Ev Marabian

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Lou, THAT"S the yard. Anyone rescue the 60 Seville yet? All the great yards are on the east coast. DARN.  Thanks for posting. Bob