News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59 Eldorado Biarritz Convertible..HELP!!

Started by Steve Barletta, July 05, 2009, 11:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Barletta

Hello all, i recently purchased a 59 Eldorado Biarrtiz Convertible loaded with everything but tinted windows off the 2nd owner who purchased it off the first owner in 1964.Its Black with Black Bucket seat interior.It has a very rare and what everyone is telling me original option..The whole bottom of the dash all the way across is chrome.This had to be done when ordered i was told.In side the glove box is tinted a light green over the chrome so if you opend it in sunlight you would not get the glare in your eyes.I would like to know if anyone could help me decode or find out more about this car.The 2nd owner who has owned it since 64 said thats the way he purchased it.Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

P W Allen CLC# 20193

Steve, I'm no expert on the 59's myself, but I know there's lots of people on this board that are and I'm sure would be glad to help. To decode this car you need to provide ALL the information on the data plate on the firewall under the hood and if possible, post photos. You will get plenty of responses.

Paul
Paul
53 Coupe
Twin Turbine

Steve Barletta

Thanks Paul, I will get some photos in the next couple days!

kyle

Nice car black on black but it always seems when you see something odd like a chrome dash, etc. it was not built by the factory that way but by a previous owner somewhere in the cars lifetime.

Steve Barletta

I doubt it.I bought off the 2nd owner who has owned it since 64.Thats the way he said he bought it and his kids vouch for it.Who would do that to a Triple Black AC car with bucket seats.This car is all original in and out.That would mean the Original Owner had it done within the 5 years he owned it??It would also mean taking the entire dash and everything completely out.Not an easy task.Everything across even the AC vents are chromed.When you open the ashtrays or glovebox  inside it has a green film apllied so you dont get the blinding glare from the sunlite.If you seen the way it was done you would have 2nd thoughts.I'm still trying to get more info about the car.I have the original owners name on the title also and I'm trying to contact him...It is car number 270..Any help would be appreciated..

Otto Skorzeny

Please photograph the ID plate on the firewall and post it here. That contains much of the information you are seeking.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Where is Bill Rafakis when you need him??? LOL, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Quentin Hall Australia

G'day Steve,
               Yes, where is Bill Wrefakis? That certainly is a nice combo and interesting being a triple black car with air buckets and plain glass. I did see a triple black buckets and air in Kansas 15 years ago, no chromed dash though. You should get the build sheet to see what it says. Does the Trim tag code have SO on it? It is a huge job to pull out a lower dash to chrome it so it does seem like a curly one.  Also,if you were a lady you'd want to be careful how you sat in that car .
                A guy here has a persian sand 59 Biarritz that had chromed fin pods traced back to 1960 photos but who is to say if it was factory or not. But I guess in 1959, if you were paying "house money" for the conv flagship surely anything could be achieved with liberal doses of extra cash which you must've had to buy it in the first place. 
                How about some pics???
                Good Luck Quentin.  I'll email bill and see if we can stir him.

Steve Barletta

I gave Billl the information.Also the car does have the EZ eye glass .I had thought it didnt.So it is quite loaded. I will try to upload pics soon.Thanks all..Steve

T.Klak

Where are the pictures? Would love to some. ;)
Any news about the chromed dash and decoding the ID?
T.Klak

Richard

Please post photos, 59 Biarritz owners from as far away as New Zealand are waiting to see