News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Torque settings for Rocker Shaft to Cylinder head

Started by Baza, July 06, 2009, 05:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baza

I am hoping you are able to assist me please.
As a result of a sheared-off exhaust manifold stud it has been necessary for me to strip the head off of the right hand side of my 390 ci V8 engine.  Upon rebuild I am unable to find the torque setting for the Rocker Shaft to cylinder head  (4 bolts) in the 1963 shop manual I have.
Can you please shed any light on this tightening tension for me as this is now holding up my rebuild and I don’t know where to turn for a fairly quick answer.
The car is a 1963 Cadillac series62 Copnvertable.

Many thanks in anticipation of any help.
My membership number is 22329 and I am in the UK
Barry
Barry Ashdown

Dan LeBlanc

If memory serves me correctly, 1961/62 are 75 ft/lbs.  An assumption could reasonably be made that 1963, although a different engine, could be the same.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

CLC#12231

When bolt torque specs aren't given or can't be found, I refer to the following for guidance.   The specs work for clamping bolts.  Adjusting bolts are a different story.

http://www.engineershandbook.com/Tables/fasteners.htm

Frank DeCou
Frank

Baza

Hi Guys
Thank you both very much for your help, this willl enable me to continue my rebuild and get the car back on the road before the Summer's over.
Great help
Barry :)
Barry Ashdown