News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1937 engine block color

Started by Paul Tesone, July 08, 2009, 12:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Tesone

I would appreciate some opinions on the correct green for my 1937  engine block, and where to buy it. The authenticity manual states that these blocks are seen in two color greens - "a dull green and a chrome green (yellow tint)". It then goes on to say that " there is strong evidence that chrome green is correct for 1936 through 1938" , but " the correct color has to be treated as theory" due to government restrictions on the use of chrome (? tint) at the time. It then states that " the dull green is probably correct starting in 1939". OK - starting 1939 , engines should be dull green. But what about 1936 - 1938 ? Dull or chrome green ? Is there a consensus of agreement among the members, and where do I get a product which won't peel off in an unreasonably short period of time ? Thanks for any help. Paul Tesone. CLC #6876

Anthony P. Amman #15293

I can't tell you which shade of green you require for your engine but I can direct you to Bill Hirsch who advertises in Hemming's Motor News and possibly at times in the Self Starter CLC magazine.  His paint is the best.  Google him as I believe he also has a website.
Hope this helps.

Anthony