News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

My 83 Eldo

Started by Rick Biarritz, July 19, 2009, 06:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Biarritz

Does this belong here?

The Tassie Devil(le)

Ah, what belong where?

Is there something we should be looking at that is out of place?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Rick Biarritz

Perhaps I should have been more clear...  I was wondering if posting a photo of my love was appropriate on this page.  She is lovely, yes?

Otto Skorzeny

Is that a '69 Polara 500 next to it?

If so, it's quite rare.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Rick Biarritz

You are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is indeed a 69 Pol 500.  I presume you could tell by the black trim at the bottom?  This car is strangely optioned...  It has the Super Lite, AC, and cruise control.  It has police/heavy duty drums all around, and, most rare of all, it has a factory installed safety strap, something that all my MOPAR buddies claim to have NEVER seen before on any car.  And why would it have such a strap, after all the engine is only a 383 with a 2 barrel carb.  Strange. 

I purchased the car on Jun 1 of 06 for $1,500, it was virtually rust free with an absolutely pristine interior.  As of Jun 1 06 I had never so much as held a spark plug in my hand or changed the oil in a car.  The POL was to be my learning project.  I have done and learned a LOT.  The engine is now ready to go back into the car.  Hopefully she'll be on the road by the Fall.  You should see pics of her when she first arrived -- what a mess. 

Otto Skorzeny

At first glance I thought it was an LTD or last year Galaxie by the overall shape and rear window (pillarless).

It was the black trim which led me to the  '69 500. It looks like it's in really nice shape. One of my drinking buddies in high school had a '69 Polara. another friend had a '69 Fury III convertible. Both of those cars were huge.

We got pulled over in the Fury with 16 people in it!  Five were sitting on the folded down top, five in the front seat and 6 in the back seat.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

Quote from: Rick Biarritz on July 19, 2009, 08:39:41 PM
Perhaps I should have been more clear...  I was wondering if posting a photo of my love was appropriate on this page.  She is lovely, yes?
I'd say it is definitely appropriate That is one of my favorite Cadillac body styles; the body style is very similar the original '67 Eldo and I think it's even better looking.  As for the Mopar, I knew it was a '69-'71 Dodge, but I wasn't sure if it was a Polara or a Monaco. I took driver's ed in a similar '71 Plymouth Fury III.

marcia

She is lovely!  Looks. other than color, just like my 'new' 84 Biarritz.  My color is Champagne.  And she is stunning also. Thanks for the pic.

Guidematic

Hey! We finally get to see a picture of the car. It sure is a beauty. Thanks for doing that.

About the Polara, they were seldom seen when new, and it's nice to see them today. Those C-body Mpoars were the kings of the fleet in my opinion. The other Mopars could not hold a candle to the presence and quality (relative) of the big cars, particularly the top line models.

In my teen years I had a '71 Sport Fury. Had I known then what I know now, I would have kept it. It too was oddly optioned. It was the formal roof coupe, which was rare enough, but it had the 360 (that engine was and still is a pig), bucket seat interior with console in dark green. No AC or power accessories save for the normal PS/PB. It only had an AM radio. The exterior was harvest Gold with a dark brown vinyl roof.

Mike
1970 Fleetwood Brougham 68169
1985 Eldorado Coupe 6EL57
1988 Eldorado Biarritz 6EL57
1990 Brougham d'Elegance 6DW69
1994 Fleetwood Brougham 6DW69