News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Brougham Owners Association - Annual Meeting 1966

Started by Ross Morgan #22943, July 27, 2009, 05:43:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross Morgan #22943

Thanks Charles and others for letting me know that this early Brougham Owners Association info is interesting!

Okay, I don't have alot more but attached is what looks like the annual driving tour and business meeting.  Not a long drive - some 70 miles starting near the BOA offices and driving to the Ojai Valley Inn and Country Club.

Not alot to say because it's all self explanatory.  What is interesting though apart from the documents themselves and signatory of the President of the Assoc. at the time Mr Crofton Jones, but the fact that they had reserved accomodation for 20 couples.  It could be assumed that some members would have attended Saturday 22 October 1966 without staying overnight.  So perhaps a group of 20 to 30 members plus wives/partners were at the event?  The photo that I recently posted showing the BOA dinner at Michaels Restaurant Los Feliz CA had approximately 20 x 57 / 58 Eldorado Broughams.

Secondly, note the reference to "The fifth business meeting of the Brougham Owners Association....".  This is 1966 so counting back, possibly the first was 1962?  This tends to correlate with other information that supports the possibility that the BOA originated in 1962.

Regards, Ross.

Ross Morgan #22943

Ross Morgan #22943

Last of the attachments - the Ojai Valley Inn and Country Club - looks nice!  Ross.

Charles D. Barnette

Thanks once again Ross. Eldorado Brougham owners of today including me owe alot to this early BOA, the BOA of Cy Srickler, and the BOA of Al Dowling. Perhaps a new BOA will spring up as a result of your posts. The car certainly deserves it! Charles D. Barnette